After all the hard work your kids have put in at school this year, are you going to allow them to experience Summer learning loss? It’s real and can put your child behind by a month. This Summer, my kids will be participating in the FREE LeapFrog Summer Camp. It is designed to keep your kids learning all summer, to prevent summer learning loss. This FREE Summer Camp includes fun weekly themes and learning activities that you can do from wherever you are between June 4 – July 29th.
You will have access to 8 weeks of projects, printables, and crafts to help your 4-7 year olds in geography, writing, science, art, and more. Don’t worry, if you have basic supplies like crayons and scissors, you have all the supplies you need.
LeapFrog Summer Camp Weekly Themes
Below is the schedule for the LeapFrog Summer Camp. If you can’t do every day or every week, jump in when you can. Your kids will benefit from as much as you participate.
- Week 1: June 4-10 Out & About—Learn about the people and places in our world on your way to becoming a global citizen.
- Week 2: June 11-17 Caring for Animals—Experience animals in new ways and explore themes of responsibility and compassion.
- Week 3: June 18-24 Puzzle Time—Build logic and reasoning skills as you puzzle your way through brain-bending activities!
- Week 4: June 25-July 1 Art & Music—Let your creativity run wild as you experiment with a range of media, including handmade instruments, crafts and a home art gallery!
- Week 5: July 2-8 Writing That’s Real—Explore fascinating nonfiction topics and try your hand at investigative writing.
- Week 6: July 9-15 Storytelling—Bring your ideas to life through storytelling, music, art, drama and pretend play!
- Week 7: July 16-22 Science Adventures—Observe, ask questions and draw conclusions as you explore and investigate the world around you.
- Week 8: July 23-29 Friendship Week—Get ready for school and International Friendship Day by exploring what it means to be friends.
Check out this sample activity printout, Things That Go. This is an activity that you can take with you during one of your outings. Your child will color the spaces in as she spots the various modes of transportation. At the end of the outing, your child will have a chart. This activity teaches about their physical and human environment as well as how charts are used to summarize information.
LeapFrog Summer Camp Deal, Contest and Sweepstakes
You can enter weekly to win $50 worth of games and books, plus enter to win the grand prize worth $500. Plus, you can get 15% off select LeapFrog products all summer long. Details available at the beginning of camp.
Attend the FREE LeapFrog Summer Camp
I encourage you to consider attending this free summer camp program if you have kids ages 4-7. It will give a little structure to your summer, but with fun activities that only LeapFrog could design. It is a brand that I trust and already use to teach my children. I don’t want my kids’ brains to turn to mush this Summer, so between the LeapFrog Summer Camp, library camp, and plenty of reading at home, I’ll be preparing my kids for Kindergarten and 2nd grade. Sign up for the FREE camp now.