I read an article in the Akron Beacon Journal today outlining the great family nights in Cuyahoga Falls this summer on Thursdays! We got movie nights going on!! The listing is below, but first some details for newbies:
What’s the Cuyahoga Falls Amphitheater Like?
The open air theater in Cuyahoga Falls is RIGHT downtown. If you’ve traveled up and down Route 8 and seen a big set of flowing white awnings- near a clock tower- you know where to go!
This family friendly location is adjacent to the main walking strip of Cuyahoga Falls. For events there are food vendors, for the kids there is the splash fountain, and parking is very accessible- see the map below.
What do I bring and when to the Amphitheater?
There is seating for 300 at the amphitheater- but for Thursday Movie Night I’ve heard it can go over there. So bring the stroller, bring a lawn chair if you roll in late, and bring a picnic basket if your ‘eat out’ funds are running low.
Movie times change depending on cloud cover and sunset- but starts can be as late as 9pm.
What movies are playing at the Cuyahoga Falls Amphitheater in 2011?
- June 16, 2011 — Despicable Me – so so
- June 23, 2011 — Yogi Bear - pretty good
- June 30, 2011 — Megamind – meh
- July 7, 2011 — How to Train Your Dragon (One of Elijah’s favorites!)
- July 14, 2011 — Karate Kid (2010) (We just watched the 1984 version, and Eljah’s going CRANE on us all over the house!)
- July 28, 2011 — Shrek Forever (Its in 3D if you pretend)
- Aug. 4, 2011 — Tangled (Elizabeth’s Favorites!)
- Aug. 11, 2011 — Toy Story 3 (The one my husband cries at)
- Aug. 18, 2011 — Gnomeo & Juliet (This was a great rent!)
- Aug. 25, 2011 — Up (Makes you love your kids)
Where to Park in Cuyahoga Falls
Here’s the Map off of the Cuyahoga Falls website