This Christmas, make plans to take your family to Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens Deck the Hall : Sounds of the Season. There isn’t a prettier sight to see than the entire estate decorated inside and out for Christmas, including a Half Million Lights! This year’s theme is Sounds of the Season. As you tour the Manor House, 15 rooms will be playing favorite Christmas carols with the room decorated to match in splendid decor.
Stan Hywet Christmas
A visit to Stan Hywet at Christmas is magical. From the moment you drive in, you are surrounded by beautiful Christmas light as you drive through the arched lighted display. There is so much to do and see during the Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens Deck the Hall : Sounds of the Season. Here are some don’t miss stops:
- Visit Santa at Santa’s Workshop -
He is a great Santa too. My daughter is convinced that he is the REAL Santa because he knew her name and Elijah’s name. He overhead it while we were talking but it just shows how observant he is and that is enough to seal the deal with most kids! Kids will receive a candy cane with special recipe for Santa’s favorite Christmas cookies.
- Meet Santa’s Top Elf, Mr. Jingeling
As you may recall, Mr. Jingeling was the Keeper of the Keys at Santa’s workshop. He also counted down the days until Christmas on the 7th floor of Halle’s department store in Cleveland, Ohio from 1950′s – 1980′s. My kids loved Mr. Jingeling and had many questions for him about his keys! Kids even receive a special paper key to take home to place under their pillow on Christmas Eve, they must wish for their Christmas Wish with Mr. Jingeling while receiving the key.
- Enjoy fresh Gingerbread cookies in the Courtyard. This is my son’s favorite part, he talks about the delicious gingerbread as soon as we mention Stan Hywet Christmas!
- Enjoy the warmth of the toasty fire in the Courtyard – perfect place to relax with your gingerbread cookies and hot cocoa
- Watch the courtyard Christmas tree lighting by Santa at 5:30 and take family photos
- Walk through the winter wonderland of half a million lights.
The gardens and estate is fully decorated in twinkling lights. It is perfect for a brisk walk with the family to explore Stan Hywet like no other time of year. My photos can’t do justice to the beauty you will see and experience while walking the grounds at Stan Hywet. You have to trust me on this – it is the Best Christmas Light Display in Akron, Ohio!
- Marvel at the beautiful of Stany Hwet Hall decked out in Christmas decor representing favorite Christmas songs
- Enjoy live music in the Manor House ballroom by local musicians
- Stop by Molly’s Shop for unique gifts and festive decor
- Stroll the West Terrace to see the 30 foot Christmas Tree
There is so much to do and see at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens Deck the Hall : Sounds of the Season. Invite family and friends to enjoy one of Akron’s best Christmas events. It is delightful fun for all ages.
Buy Tickets for Stan Hywet Hall presents Deck the Hall: Joys of Christmas Past
You can buy tickets for Stan Hywet Hall presents Deck the Hall: Joys of Christmas Past by phone at330-315-3287, on the Stan Hywet website, or upon arrival.
Prices for house & grounds tour of Deck the Hall: Adults $17, Youth (ages 6-17) and college students with I.D. $7. Kids 5 and under with an adult are FREE. Discounts for members and grounds-only available.
Dates for Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens Deck the Hall : Sounds of the Season
December 6-9, 13-23, 26-30, 2012 from 5-8pm
714 North Portage Path