My family loves to entertain. What we don’t love is tackling the clean-up after everyone leaves! If you are planning a Super Bowl party (or any party for that matter), check out these great tips from the professional cleaners at The Maids® Home Services. Their tips prove that a little pre-planning can make party hosting and the clean up afterwards stress-free.
Top 10 Super Bowl Party Clean Up Tips from The Maids
- Provide space for coats in a closet or bedroom. Put an extra rug in the entryway in case of wet shoes.
- If using paper products, place plenty of trash containers around the house with extra trash bags in the bottom. When you pull out a full trash bag, another bag is then within an arm’s reach. Check out eco-friendly “Clean Cubes” disposable trashcans that Cindy reviewed last year – click here for full review.
- If you have a dishwasher, make sure it is cleaned out before guests arrive. This allows you to stash dirty dishes inside, staying on top of the cleanup. I try to do this whenever we entertain – it also allows guests to be more helpful with clean up!
- Provide insulated can coolers or place sports themed stickers on cups so guests can identify their drinks. Writing names on cups with permanent markers works well too.
- Cover your food table with wax paper or butcher paper for easy cleanup. Cover furniture with slip covers to protect against food spills during an exciting play.
- Have a “cleaning bucket” ready for cleaning emergencies. Include must haves like carpet cleaner and an absorbent rag. A spot from a spilled drink is easy to clean if you are prepared in advance (So smart! I’m going to do this next time we have a group over!).
- If the party involves all ages, have a space with toys and games where the children can play.
- Provide televisions in several rooms so no one misses the action. Don’t forget to put a radio in the bathroom!
- Keep a clearly marked recycling bin within guests’ reach for bottles and cans.
- Place moist towelettes near appetizers to clean messy fingers before they end up on you furniture!
Special thanks to The Maids® Home Services for these great party ideas! For more information, visit www.themaids.com, or call 1-800-THE-MAIDS.