A trip to the zoo is more than just a family outing, it is also great for your health! Take a Walk on the Well Side! The Columbus Zoo has partnered with Ohio Health to offer HOOFit walks. These Free health walks now through September 2013. Check out how many steps it takes to walk through the Columbus Zoo – it really is a great way to exercise for the whole family! There is so much to see and do, plan to spend the entire day! Check out our Columbus Zoo and Aquarium Review.
Columbus Zoo HOOFit Walks
Once a month, you are invited to participate in a 45 min- 1 hour health walk at the zoo and speak with primary care physicians and experts at the zoo. Each month is a different theme.
Pick the HOOFit Walk with a theme that matches your interests.
- March 14 – Wellness and Prevention
- April 25 – Stroke Prevention
- May 23 – Cancer Prevention
- June 20 – Sports Medicine
- July 25 – Spine Health (Neuroscience and Orthopedics)
- August 29 – Women’s Heart and Vascular Health
- September 26 – Cold weather wellness
Talk with these Primary Care physicians at the Wellness and Prevention HOOFit
- Bruce Barker, MD (OhioHealth Marion Area Physicians, Delaware Office)
- Kimberly Austin, MD (Westerville Primary Care)
- Spencer Pinion, MD (Grant Family Practice Center)
- Sean Barnes, MD (Millhon Clinic)
- Heather Hines, DO (OhioHealth Primary Care Physicians)
- Gregory Whisman, MD (Lewis Center Medical Group)
- Randhir Sharma, MD (Downtown Physicians)
The HOOFit walks begin at 10:30 and take 45 min – 1 hour to walk. There will be signage and people to direct you when you get to the zoo. Water will be provided. Walkers are encouraged to wear a pedometer, or even download a pedometer app on your smartphone. The HOOFit step calculator above is an easy way to track your steps walked at the Zoo too.
RSVP for HOOFit Walks
You can RSVP for HOOFit Walks on the Ohio Health Website. Each walk is FREE with paid zoo admission.
Win 4 FREE Tickets to the Columbus Zoo for HOOFit Walks
You have the chance to win 4 FREE Tickets to the Columbus Zoo for the Thursday, March 14, 2013 HOOFit Walk. (Tickets can only be used on 3-14-13)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 9pm EST on March 10, 2013 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to the Columbus Zoo who provided the tickets for review and giveaway.