If you haven’t already starting eating the Halloween candy you bought for Trick-or-Treating, I’m sure you are thinking about it! Check out these 5 Tips on How Moms can Avoid Halloween Temptation written Dr. Wayne Andersen, a nutritionist and author of Dr. A’s Habits of Health: The path to permanent Weight Control and Optimal Health.
- Do not buy any Halloween Candy! Or, buy candy that you do not like. A better idea is to give out a bag of pretzels
- Remember that there will always be candy, but right now you are choosing to improve your health. Candy is not going to help!
- Do not stay at home on Halloween handing out treats. Instead, grab a bottle of water and take a nighttime walk around the neighborhood to take in all the ghoulish sights!
- Bring healthy snacks in to work to keep from being tempted by candy in the office
- Cut up a healthy bar like the Medifast Caramel Nut Bar and put it in a baggie. Freeze it for a sweet treat later on!