Are you looking for the perfect waffle maker? One that will heat up fast and provide you the ability to select how crispy or soft to make them?
Ever since watching the Shrek movie, my family repeats Donkey’s famous phrase, “In the morning, I’m making waffles!” We love waffles! Having home-made waffles at home use to be rare in my home because of how long it would take. Chef’s Choice, by EdgeCraft offers a variety of waffle makers to help you make the perfect waffle quick and easy. Choose from waffle makers for classic waffles, Belgian waffles, texture waffles, pizzelles, petite mini cone waffles, waffle cones, Scandinavian cookies, as well as a variety of gourmet waffle mixes.
Chef’s Choice Waffle Maker Review
With the Chef’s Choice WafflePro Express Model 840, we have waffles as often as we have cereal. It is that easy and fast! It takes just 90 seconds to prepare homemade waffles at home.
The WafflePro Express takes just a few minutes to warm up the first time and then it beeps to let you know it is ready to go!
In just about 90 seconds, the waffle maker will beep and the green light will turn on to alert you that your waffles are done! Plus, once you pop out your cooked waffle, the unit is ready to make another one with the instant temperature recovery feature.
This waffle maker makes the perfect waffle every time, not matter how you like it. You can actually adjust the WafflePro by selecting the texture you want. You can choose the fast bake crisper waffle with a soft interior or a deep bake waffle for a uniform texture. My husband likes the crisper waffle best and I like the uniform best. My kids like both!
This waffle maker comes in two shapes, the traditional classic Belgian waffle format or the Five of Heats design. If you have kids, get the Five of Hearts design, kids love it! It makes 5 beautifully perfect heart waffles. If you have younger kids, you can easily pull them apart to split with your kids too. Oh, and the possibilities for celebrating Valentine’s Day with perfect heart waffles are endless! My kids have really enjoyed eating heart waffles for breakfast, I like it too. Why can’t food be fun?
Below is a picture of the Five of Hearts Waffles on our Gibson Everyday Stoneware Dinnerware.
This waffle maker is nonstick, making it easier than ever to make perfect waffles every time. Clean up is a cinch too.
How to Make the Perfect Waffle
Of course, you’ll want to use fine equipment like the WafflePro Express waffle maker by Chef’s Choice, but there is more to making the perfect waffle. Here are a few tips you may not have considered, courtesy of Chef’s Choice.
- Add Sugar to waffle batter: Sugar enhances the browning of waffles on the surface
- Add Cornmeal to waffle batter: Cornmeal adds extra crunch and texture
- Add Butter & Oil to waffle batter: Butter and Oil enhances flavor
- Add Eggs to waffle batter: Eggs in a waffle batter add flavor and reduces the tendency of waffles to split. If your recipe calls for using egg whits, beat the white and fold them into the mixture, it gives a lighter waffle
- Use a Thick Consistency: slightly thick, slow-moving lava type of batter works best
- Enjoy HOT with your favorite topping such as butter, maple syrup, jams, jellies, or fruit. Or enjoy them with ice cream and all the toppings for a dessert!
Basic Waffles Recipe
This is an easy recipe for 6-7 light and crisp waffles, courtesy of Chef’s Choice.
Basic Waffles Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1-1/4 – 1/-1/2 cups milk, as needed
Basic Waffles Recipe Directions
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with wire whisk in bowl.
- Add melted butter, eggs, and 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups milk, blend until smooth
- Add more milk as needed to make it thick, but a pourable consistency
Buy Chef’s Choice WafflePro Express Waffle Maker
You can buy the Chef’s Choice WafflePro Express at retailers nationwide and on Amazon.com.
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Chef’s Choice for providing the product for review