I found a recipe on Cooks.com for Peach Cobbler, I made a few changes based on ingredients I had on hand for the following Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe. I had never made a peach cobbler with fresh peaches before but with the $.99 a pound prices, I’m experimenting! I simply layerd the ingredients in my Oster Cast Iron Dutch Oven that I use for everything from baking desserts and casseroles to soups and stews.
This recipe is easy to make.
Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe Ingredients
- 7 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground cloves
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 c. walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 1 stick butter, cut in slices
My 5 year old daughter enjoyed helping me make this delicious summertime peach cobbler.
Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or 340 degrees for convection.
- Place sliced peaches in bottom of well-buttered 9x13x3 inch pan. I used a Dutch Oven.
- Spread the brown sugar over the peaches.
- Shake cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg over the brown sugar.
- Spread dry cake mix on top.
- Top with slices of butter.
- Sprinkle walnuts or pecans on top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees or for about 40 minutes at 340 degrees for convection oven.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
It was a flavorful peach cobbler with a candied topping. It is delicious served warm with ice cream and just as good served cold for breakfast the next morning.