With school and sports back in our schedules, time is at a premium. Preparing a healthy dinner can become a challenge. I know some parents who feel like they have to rely on fast food or prepackaged foods because there is no time to cook. I have discovered a new product that helps get the prep work for healthy, home made dinners done quicker to get dinner on the table sooner. It’s called Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ cooking sauces. These sauces can give you the head-start you need to feed your family healthy, delicious meals every night of the week.
Get a Healthy Dinner on the Table Faster with Recipe Starters
The idea of Progresso Recipe Starters came from basic sauces of classical French cooking, including Béchamel, Velouté, Tomato, Espagnole and Hollandaise. Progresso Recipe Starters provide 5 basic sauces that can be the basis countless recipes for your family.
The five varieties are:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: Creamy, full-bodied sauce that is similar to an alfredo and creamy pesto sauce. Great for recipes like Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: This stock includes roasted chicken broth, garlic and cream. Great for recipes like Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: Medium-thick tomato sauce with roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers. Great for recipes like Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy, smooth sauce with sautéed Portabella mushrooms. Great for recipes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy sauce with both yellow and white cheeses, chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper. Great for recipes like Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
You can find 80 Progresso Recipes that use the Progresso Recipe Starters. You’ll find delicious recipes that your whole family will enjoy like Bacon Mac n’ Cheese, Beef Stroganoff, Creamy Lemon Chicken, Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken, and Pulled Chicken Sandwich recipes.
My husband and I use to go to a little Mexican restaurant while we were dating for their endless bowls of Tortilla Soup. We were still in college, so the price was right and the soup was delicious. I’ve never attempted to make my own but when I found the Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe on the Progresso website, I knew I had to try it. It looked so easy – and it was!
The base of the Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is just two cans of Progresso Recipe Startes Fire Roasted Tomato Cooking Sauce.
Add to that water, cumin, chili powder, chicken, and beans. Bring to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes, and it’s done! Soups usually take a long time to prepare, not this recipe!
We added Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, and sour cream on top. You can put Cilantro on it too, but I forgot. Oh well, guess I’ll have to make it again! 🙂
My whole family enjoyed the soup, it was filling too!
There are even recipes on every Progresso Recipe Starters labels. In fact, I tried the Creamy Chicken Alfredo recipe that I found on the Progresso Recipe Starts Creamy Parmesan Basil Cooking Sauce.
Buy Progresso Recipe Starters
You can buy Progresso Recipe Starters in the soup aisle at your local grocery store and on Amazon.com.
The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift pack was provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to MyBlogSpark who provided us with the products for review.