Did you think pineapple was a summer fruit? Think again! Del Monte’s Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple gives you the extra boost of Vitamin C that everyone could use during cold and flu season this Fall and Winter! Plus, pineapple can give added sweetness and flavor to many favorite fall dishes.
Right now, you can download a Del Monte Coupon from the Del Monte Fresh Produce facebook page. You’ll receive a Del Monte coupon for $.50 cents off your next Del Monte’s Gold Extra Sweet Pineapple! Simply print it and save on your next trip to the grocery store!
Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins Recipe
I like pineapple upside-down cake but there is always too much to consume.
Check out this Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins recipe from the Del Monte website. Small is the new “big”! People like smaller portions – and it is good for counting calories too! It looks like the perfect bite-size solution that could easily be packed for a surprise in your kid’s lunch box too.
Find more deliciously fresh recipes on www.fruits.com.
Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins Recipe, created by EatingWell
Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins Recipe Ingredients:
Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins Topping:
- 2 TBSP light brown sugar, packed
- 2 TBSP walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- 10-oz can pineapple slices
Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins
- 3/4 c whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 2 TBSP pineapple juice or orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8-ounce can crushed pineapple (not drained)
- 1 c carrot, grated
- 1/2 c old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 c raisins, preferably baking raisins (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 c walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins Directions
Preheat oven to 400°F.
To Prepare Topping:
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Prepare topping: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle nuts, if using, over the sugar.
- Stack pineapple slices and cut into 6 wedges. Place 2 wedges in each muffin cup.
To Prepare Muffins:
- Whisk together in a large bowl whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk together in a med bowl eggs and brown sugar until smooth.
- Whisk in oil, juice and vanilla.
- Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Stir in carrots, oats, raisins and nuts, if using.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups (they will be full).
- Bake the muffins for 15-25 min - until tops are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Loosen edges right away and turn muffins out onto a baking sheet.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve upside-down, either warm or at room temperature.