This Macaroon Kiss Cookies Recipe is from my mother-in-law, Karen. She bakes the best cookies I’ve ever tasted. This recipe is one of my husband’s favorite cookie recipes, so I always make it at Christmas.
Macaroon Kiss Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 oz. Cream cheese soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 ¼ cup unsifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 cups flaked coconut
- 9 oz. Pkg chocolate kisses (approx. 54 kisses unwrapped)
Macaroon Kiss Cookies Recipe Instructions
- Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar till fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture till well blended.
- Stir in 3 cups of coconut.
- Cover. Chill about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1” balls. Roll balls in remaining coconut.
- On ungreased cookie sheet bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10-12 min. or lightly browned on bottom.
- Remove from oven and press chocolate kiss in center of each cookie.
- Cool 1 min. carefully remove and cool completely.