Are you looking for a flavorful appetizer recipe? Try the Pea Pesto Crostini Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis for Target. I was recently introduced to some really delicious recipes that are easy to make and full of flavor. This recipe would be a hit at any holiday gathering and is quite festive in color. This recipe is easy.
Pea Pesto Crostini Recipe
Recipe Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.
Pea Pesto Crostini Ingredients
- 10 oz frozen peas, thawed
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Whole grain baguette or ciabatta bread, preferably day old, in 8 (1/2 inch thick) slices
- 1 small tomato, diced or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Pea Pesto Crostini Instructions
Pea Pesto Recipe Instructions:
- Using food processor, pulse peas, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper together.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup of the olive oil while machine is running and continue to mix until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Set aside.
Crostini Recipe Instructions:
- Toast bread for 2 – 3 minutes in oven on broil setting.
Combine Pea Pesto with Crostini:
- Transfer bread to platter and spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of pesto on each slice.
- Top crostini with 2 tomato halves and Parmesan cheese
Makes 8+ crostini (I could have easily made more than a dozen crostini with this recipe, perhaps I didn’t add enough pesto on each slice.)
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Giada De Laurentiis for Target and received product samples to facilitate my review.