Nothing compares to home made peach pie. If you’ve never tried baking one, this is an easy recipe to make your debut. Baking a peach pie is just as easy as an apple pie that more people are familiar with, however much sweeter. Nothing says summer like peach pie! Serving it a la mode is even better! This recipe is easy to moderate.
Ingredients for Authentic Georgia Peach Pie
- 3 lb. fresh peaches, sliced and peeled
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsifted unbleached flour
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 prepared or home made pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss peaches with lemon juice.
- Stir in sugar, flour, and nutmeg.
- Fill crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust.
- Make holes to vent the pie.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 400 degrees.
- May be served with ice cream.