This Pomegranate Jelly Recipe comes from the Better Homes and Gardens Can It! book. Read my full book review here. Festive jelly couldn’t be any easier to make-no cutting, chopping or cleaning of fruit. Just combine ingredients, cook and process!
Pomegranate Jelly Recipe Ingredients
- 4 cups Pomegranate Juice (I used Organic)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1.75 oz package regular powdered fruit pectin
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
Pomegranate Jelly Recipe Directions
- In a 6-8 quart heavy pot combine pomegranate juice and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with pectin. Let stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 minutes; then stir to dissolve pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sugar. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Let stand at room temperature until jelly sets.
Makes 5 half-pints.
Okay, now that you have the Pomegranate Jelly Recipe, let me give you some tips!
- when you need to skim off foam after heating the jelly, I had to wait a couple minutes for the foam to harden to easily skim off the foam.
- heat the lids in a simmering pot to soften the glue rim for a better seal
- I was able to ladle out 7 half-pint jars…no complaints here!! 🙂
- I didn’t have wire racks for cooling so I used a kitchen towel on the counter…seemed to work fine
- my jelly didn’t set for over 18 hours after being cooled, totally normal but being patient is difficult! 🙂
- after the jelly has set and cooled, write on top of the lid what the contents are and the date made
- attach a cute homemade tag with string, perhaps attach a spreading knife (goodwill) and it makes a great little gift!
- ENJOY! Great on toast and mixed in with yogurt or cereal!