Nothing says summer to my family like this recipe! Its simplicity allows garden fresh tomatoes to shine. The longer these babies sit and marinate, the better their flavor! We can’t wait to try this recipe with our Mr. Stripey hybrid tomatoes that are growing in our new Backyard Botanical Complete Garden System!
Louise’s Marinated Tomatoes
Makes 10 side dish servings, but our family of four leaves almost no leftovers!
Louise’s Marinated Tomatoes Ingredients:
- 5 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 C. canola or olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 2 green onions, minced
Louise’s Marinated Tomatoes Directions:
This recipe is best when prepared several hours in advance. Allow at least 3 hours of refrigerated marinating time for best results, or at least an hour at room temp.
- Arrange tomato slices in a 9 x 13 dish, overlapping the slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the tomatoes.
- Cover baking dish and refrigerate at least 3 hours.