As a mom, I do a lot of laundry, as I’m sure you do as well. Do you use a laundry booster? I haven’t until now. Did you know that you can get cleaner clothes with a laundry booster like Borax? It actually helps you laundry detergent to work better by naturally softening hard water to maximize your detergents cleaning power.
Do you have hard water? Chances are good that you do, about 85 people of us have hard water, which means our detergents may not be working as well as they are intended to work. If you have hard water, some of your detergent attaches itself to calcium and magnesium granules in your water and settle on the bottom of your washer. Then, it gets washed down the drain. Sounds like an expensive waste!
Get Cleaner Clothes with a Laundry Booster
When you add 1/2 cup of Mule Team Borax to your washer with your detergent, your water will be naturally softened allowing your detergent to clean your clothes better than ever. It also helps keep stains from being re-deposited back onto clothes.
20 Mule Team Borax is also tough on stains and even acts as a natural alternative to ColorSafe bleach. I’ve been adding Borax to every load for a little while now and it seems to be doing a good job. My clothes smell clean and fresh. My Maytag Bravos XL washer is amazing and always does a fantastic job getting my family’s clothes clean and stain free. However, adding the booster gives me peace of mind for any stain that got past my inspection before loading the washer.
You can even use Borax alone for dedicates and baby clothes by dissolving 1/4 cup Borax with 1-2 TBSP warm water, soaking for 20 min and then rinsing in cool water.
Other Uses for 20 Mule Team Borax
Just like with any all-natural product, there are many other uses for 20 Mule Team Borax. It is for good reason that it was been an all natural product in homes since 1891! Here are a few uses:
- Clean Toilets -Sprinkle 1/4 cup in toilet bow, swish, and let stand 30 minutes
- Garbage Disposal & Drain Cleaner – Sprinkle 2-3 TBSP in disposal/drain, wait 15 minutes and then flush with water
- Carpets & Rug Cleaner – Dissolve 1/2 c Borax in 1 pint water, sponge on, wait 1/2 hours, rinse, then vacuum when dry
- Dishwasher Booster – Add 1/4 cup Borax to bottom of dishwasher to reduce spots and film on dishes
- General Cleaning & Deodorizing – Use Borax on a sponge or clothe to clean showers, tubs, tile, counters, appliances, and more.
The best part about Borax is that it is affordable!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Borax who provided the products for review.