I had the opportunity to visit Whirlpool headquarters this week and have learned so much about how their products, including how to properly care for appliances for long-lasting benefits. One feature I learned about was AquaLift self-cleaning ovens. AquaLift is a self-clean technology found in some Maytag brands. It is a revolutionizing technology to clean at only 200 degrees compared to others that heat up to 800 degrees. These specially engineered ovens have a special coating that activates with water and LOW heat.
How to Clean AquaLift Stoves
You can purchase a Maytag AquaLift cleaning kit with all the supplies you need for just $6.99.
- Remove racks from oven for easily cleaning of oven.
- Scrap off anything on the bottom with the blue scrapper from the AquaLift Cleaning Kit
- Use a clean cloth to remove scrapped off materials
- Pour distilled or filtered water into bottom of oven. For Electric stove use 2 cups or 1-3/4 cup for Gas stove (use distilled or filtered water to avoid calcium deposit associated with tap water)
- Shut the door
- Hit Clean button on stove
- Hit Start button
- It will take 40 minutes to run the AquaLift cleaning cycle that heats up to 200 degrees.
- Once cleaning is complete, start to clean the stove while warm.
- Use blue scrapper again to remove any excess dried on items that are not already floating off into the water
- Clean the splatter on the wall with the White sponges (looks just like a Magic Eraser). Dampen in the warm water, scrub on wall and door to clean
- Use Yellow side of sponge to scrub remaining items that need scrubbed
- If necessary, repeat above steps with clean water.
- Use Affresh oven cleaner only on interior of oven. Use Affresh on the Orange sponge and spot clean on tough stains.