Natural Health: Chiropractors
Back pain is the most common reason to seek treatment from a chiropractor. However, they also help patients with headaches or pains in the arms, neck and legs. Chiropractors use spinal-manipulation to help create proper alignment in the spine. The belief is that proper alignment will bring about natural healing without the need of surgery or medication.
What Natural Health: Chiropractors Can Do:
- Spinal manipulation has been proven to be safe an effective for acute lower back pain. Acute pain lasts no more than six months and can usually heal naturally.
- Research has also found these techniques to be helpful for headaches and neck pain.
- Deep tissue massage may help those with osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia.
What Natural Health: Chiropractors Can’t Do:
- Other procedures, such as prolotherapy, an injection of sugar water, are sometimes used to help strengthen the ligaments in the back. However, studies have not confirmed this as an effective method in treating chronic back pain.
- Do not see a chiropractor if you suffer from osteoporosis, spinal cord compression, or inflammatory arthritis or are take blood thinning medication.
Natural Health: Natural Herbs/Oils
Natural herbs and oils date back to ancient times when civilizations depended on the medicinal properties of plants to help heal complaints and diseases. Many of these herbs and oils can be used to replace the products you have in your medicine cabinet.
What Natural Health: Natural Herbs/Oils Can Do:
- Promote health and beauty: many oils, such as lemongrass, provide a natural way to have beautiful, healthy skin. Lemongrass in particular can reduce puffy skin, clear acne, improve muscle tone and treat athlete’s foot.
- Treat common complaints: oils can also replace the antihistamines and pain killers in your medicine cabinet. Deep Blue from Essential Oils can be applied to achy joints, used to reduce headaches, be used for a deep-tissue massage and can be used before and after exercise to reduce discomfort.
- Fight illness: Oregano is known to boost the immune system, fight off bacterial and viral infections, combat the common cold and flu and help with digestive problems.
- Calm emotions: If you suffer from nervous tension or anxiety, lavender can calm and relax you, while easing your anger and frustration. Jasmine is uplifting and relaxing and can aid depression and nervous exhaustion.
What Natural Health: Natural Herbs/Oils Can’t Do:
- It is generally best to avoid oils while pregnant
- Replace your doctor or medications for severe illnesses or diseases
- Most oils need to be diluted before being applied to the skin, especially for children and infants.
Angela Atkins writes for several blogs nationwide. For more information about essential oils please visit www.doterra.com