With children being exposed to social media outlets and needing/wanting to be online playing games etc., keeping children safe online is a priority. My hubby and I really wanted to make sure that we knew what my 9 year old step-son T-Boy would be exposed to and prevent anything inappropriate. I have seen different software to keep children safe online that you can install on our computer. When I was given the opportunity to review Chatman, I knew that it would be a hit with T-boy! He is really into cool and fun electronic toys and that is exactly what Chatman is.
What is Chatman?
Chatman is a smart and funny friend that feels, talks and moves. His main objective is to keep children safe online. Just plug him into the USB port of the computer and he comes alive to interact with your kids. It comes with a program that is easy to install onto your home computer.
Chatman is able to be customized for your child. He recognizes over 15,000 words and phrases, has 2,000 movements and 30 moods and if he doesn’t know the answer then he will search the internet to find out the answer! The program includes many fun games to engage your kids and his personality is so real-you will think he is a real life friend!
- Chatman is your friend and the smartest thing on your desk!
- He feels, moves and talks to the kids, like a real friend!
- Chatman chats and interacts his feelings while using Facebook, MSN messenger, Skype
- You can download different applications for Chatman through mychatman.com
- Chatman is customizable, you can choose whether Chatman is a girl/boy and what kind of personality Chatman will have
- The more you teach Chatman the smarter he gets!
- Chatman is a safe device that children can learn and play online without worrying about what they are exposed to
- Chatman is supported by Windows and Mac OSX
- Retails for $49.99-$79.99
My Chatman Review
When T-Boy first saw Chatman, he was very intrigued and begged me to open it up right away! Once I installed the software, and plugged in the USB the setup was done and Chatman was ready to go. I love that it does not require any batteries, finally a toy that doesn’t!! :)
While I did enjoy letting T-Boy enjoy Chatman, I was still a little curious about how it would keep children safe online. In the end, I felt safe letting T-Boy be on his own while searching the internet for games and other things for school projects. I think that it is a great concept for kids to feel like Chatman is a game/toy while giving parents the sense of security.
I am not sure how much T-boy will use it for school projects and homework but it is great for games and interacting with friends. I think that Chatman would be a great fit for kids ages 6-12. We have only been using Chatman for a week but I think it is a great new friend for our home. I am sure that with time we will find even more fun things Chatman can do!!
Here is a video of T-boy and his cousin enjoying playing games with Chatman.
Learn more about Chatman and purchase:
Please visit their website to learn more about Chatman. You can buy Chatman on Amazon.com.
Win a Chatman Online Safety Toy
With Summer fast approaching this will be a great addition to your family as you find your kids on the family computer more. This would make a great birthday gift for the techno kid in your life too! One winner has the chance to win the Chatman online safety toy.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on June 26, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Chatman for providing the product for review and participating in a giveaway.