Now that we are expecting a little BOY in the Fall I have been thinking and writing down lists like crazy! The first thing I thought about was replacing my diaper bag. While I love my pink paisley quilted pattern diaper bag for J-Girl, it is starting to show the 3 years of wear. While I did like many aspects of my old diaper bag, I knew that I would need something a bit different now that I will be storing stuff for two little ones!
While briefly looking online at diaper bags I had made a list of what features that I would like the new bag to have:
- long straps ( I tend to carry purses and bags cross-body)
- waterproof fabric
- mesh pockets (so that crumbs and other little particles can fall out on their own!)
- unisex color and pattern (I don’t think my hubby would want to carry around a pink diaper bag while holding his little baby boy!!)
You can see that I had a lot of changes that I wanted and needed in the new diaper bag! I knew that the perfect bag was out there just waiting for me the next step was finding it! Luckily it didn’t take long to find a diaper bag that would meet my needs. When I came across Amy Michelle™ designs, I knew that the perfect bag was soon going to be a reality!
About the Company Amy Michelle
I do love the story of how the Amy Michelle bag collection started. Amy and Michelle, friends since graduate school would meet regularly for a night out away from husbands and later children, while at dinners they would discuss balancing family, friends, career, and staying sane through it all! It was at these girls night out that they created Amy Michelle™ bags, where function and fashion come together for women on the go or at home. Amy Michelle started in 2004 with baby bags and has prospered ever since! These stylish yet practical messenger style bags fit perfectly for expansion into travel and work/school bags.
The Seattle Messenger Style Diaper Bag Review
When I was asked what diaper bag I would like to review I immediately was drawn to the Seattle Diaper Bag in the go bebe™ collection. When I was looking at the bag features I was pleasantly surprised to see the four “must haves” that I shared with you above. Could it be that I had found what I was looking for!? YEP! The Seattle messenger style bag is amazing! The description and features that sold me online were just as perfect when I opened up the delivery box a few weeks ago. I was a happy mama!
From the Amy Michelle Website;
This messenger style diaper bag comes equipped with all the tools Mom and Dad will need to care for baby and themselves, packed with thoughtful features to make your life easier. Designed to be hands-free for those on-the-go parents. All bags feature Mom’s section in front, baby’s organization in the middle and separate changing area in the back.
Seattle Diaper Bag Features:
- adjustable shoulder strap-can be as short as 10″ and as long as 21″ drop length
- bag has 8 pockets for total organization
- 2 magnetic closures-no need to worry about zipping up diapers or fingers
- matching changing pad included in the large back pocket- 21″x 14″
- fabric is water resistant poly-satin and is available in 5 fabric/color combinations
- inside the bag features a antimicrobial lining that will stay clean when life with kiddos isn’t!
- monogramming is available-great gift for a new mom or if you are just looking for a new bag for yourself
- size of Seattle bag is 15″l x 4″w x 12″h
- weighs just 1 lbs. 7 oz
- a one year warranty
Things I love about my new Amy Michelle Seattle Diaper Bag:
- the color combination is perfect! I chose charcoal floral with green lining and I am so pleased with how perfect it will be for carrying girl and boy gear
- sturdy webbing shoulder strap can be worn over the shoulder or cross body
- stroller attachments included-great for when you need a break from wearing the bag and can be strapped right onto the stroller!
- durability-I have been using this for the past month and stuffed it with every possible thing a mom on the go needs and it still looks like I took it out of the box! No rips, bulges at the seams or any sign of wear! Definitely worth the sugg. retail of $69.95
- waterproof fabric! Need I say more!? It has been so nice not to worry about where I set the bag down or what J-Girl or T-Boy will put in it that could get soggy and gross!
- key holder snap/strap-I was always digging trying to find them, but not anymore!
- fun, functional and fashionable-you bet! I love to carry around this bag and have received many compliments from both moms and dads who have asked about the Seattle bag!!
For more information about Amy Michelle
Please visit the Amy Michelle website to learn more about their collection of bags, buy online (FREE SHIPPING in US) and make sure to find them on Facebook, follow on Twitter or read their blog so you can keep up with the latest Amy Michelle™ news!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Amy Michelle who provided me with the products for review.