With Summer nearly over and Fall heading into full swing around NorthEast Ohio I have been cherishing looking at the many family photos taken during this Summer. We spent a lot of time at the pool this Summer! Being pregnant in the Summer is not my favorite but cooling off in the pool is one nice way to keep this pregnant lady happy! My J-Girl gets her love of water/swimming from me and she has always been a little “fish”.
Making sure that my kiddos have safe swimwear for their precious skin has always been a huge concern for me! Being a fair skinned family, we need to be very diligent when it comes to applying sunblock and wearing the appropriate swim gear while enjoying the pool. This Summer J-Girl was able to try out an amazing line of fashionable protective swimwear from UV Skinz.
UV Skinz was started by a wife and mother Rhonda Sparks after her husband Darren was diagnosed and passed away from malignant melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer. Darren was an avid surfer and loved to be outdoors but he was not aware that just one severe sunburn during a child’s first fifteen years could double the chance of developing skin cancer as an adult. While fighting his cancer for 5 long years Darren really wanted to educate friends, family and everyone the importance of safety from UV radiation from the sun.
Rhonda’s three young boys loved to be outside as well and she soon made it her mission to make sure her boys had the correct swimwear to enjoy the sun! While vacationing in Hawaii she would see lots of rashguard shirts for surfers and brought some home for her boys, Rhonda and other moms quickly realized that these were great products but hard to find, so in 2005 her company UV Skinz was born!
Why Choose UV Skinz?
More and more dermatologists and doctors are recommending the use of sun protective swim wear since skin cancer is on the rise. Sure, sunscreen is still a good idea but it is not 100% effective and if not applied and reapplied regularly when out in the sun it really isn’t very effective at all. UV Skinz’s product line offers a one time application that is the safest solution to keeping the harmful UVB rays away from our families skin.
Features of UV Skinz:
- Cost effective-one time purchase equals a few bottles of sunscreen and UV Skinz will last for many seasons!
- UV Blocker-wearing a UV Skinz swim shirt means no missed areas or need to reapply
- Dependable-no need to check for expiration dates, won’t rub off or wash off in water
- Clean-no messy spills in car/pool bag etc.
- Irritant free-sensitive skin will love the soft and comfortable fabric of UV Skinz products
- Safety-all UV Skinz products are UPF 50+ and blocks 98% of the sun’s damaging rays
- Chlorine resistant for long lasting wear!
What I love about UV Skinz:
- cute and colorful fabric designs for both boys and girls!
- can purchase separates or as a matching sets (hat included which is reversible!)
- unique microfiber blend that is quick drying, silky smooth on skin and chemical free!
- built in liner in bottoms means no need to wear anything underneath
- larger neck hole for easy on and off for little ones!
- high collar so more protection for neck
- name tag printed in the back of shirt to keep track of kids shirts
- UV Skinz are great not just for swimming at the pool or beach but anytime you are going to be out in the sun!!
- UV Skinz have products for the whole family! Baby, Kids, Women, Mens, UV shade & accessories and more on their website!
To learn more about UV Skinz and to purchase:
To win UV Skinz Swim/Sun Gear:
UV Skinz has offered one lucky AOM reader a chance to win one UV Skinz baby/kids product of their choice! This would be great to have ready for next Summer!!
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on September 28, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!