What if I told you that you could have fun in Akron, Ohio for less than $1 per attraction? You would probably wonder what could possibly cost less than $1 and still be fun. How about taking a ride on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, a show at Akron Civic Theatre, Canal Park pre-season event, a day at the Akron Zoo, Jazz at E.J. Thomas, First Night Akron 2012, Ice Skating at Lock 3, Tuesday Musical, Akron Art Museum? Sounds like an incredible deal for cheap date nights in Akron, Ohio or affordable family fun in Akron, Ohio!
Passport to Downtown Akron Fun
It’s all true, you can take in 16 Downtown exciting Akron Events from October 2011-May 2012 for Only $15, that is less than $1 per event! Actual value is over $180! There is so much to do and see in our great city. Now you have no excuse not to explore and enjoy all that Akron has to offer.
The Discover Downtown Akron Passport is great for all ages, for couples, families, groups, and more. Whether you chose to attend all 16 or 1/2 a dozen, it is well worth the price.
Discover Downtown Akron Passport for Families
If you are anything like me, you need a little help in planning fun stuff to do with your family. Finding a cultural event is event trickier, especially if you don’t know if your child can handle staying for the entire event. It is hard to fork over full price admission on something you want to expose your child to but not know how they will do. $1 isn’t so difficult to fork over!
I know there are a lot of fun things in Akron to do but sometimes fail to actually plan it for my family. With this passport, I have an easy list of activities with dates and descriptions that I can easily consult. Since they are already paid for, it’s a no-brainer what we will do for fun each month!
Discover Downtown Akron Passport for Date Night
My husband and I especially will enjoy the Discover Downtown Akron Passport for date nights. It is essential for married couples to continue to “date” their spouse. Did you know that marriage experts recommend dating your spouse once per week? Don’t get stuck in the routine of life and let your marriage suffer. Discover Downtown Akron Passport can be an easy date night idea in Akron, Ohio for 16 dates!
Discover Downtown Akron Passport Schedule
- Exclusive Tour of Invent Now Museum & Old Stone School – Tuesday, October 18, 6-8 p.m. Visit the Invent Now Museum exhibition Inventive Eats: Incredible Food Innovations and join schoolmarm Stams at the Old Stone School as she teaches a lesson of the three R’s in the 1840s!
- Abracadabra: Illusions with Magic Mike – Sunday, November 6, 3 p.m. Magic Mike performs amazing sleight of hand illusions, mind reading, and even cutting someone in thirds!
- Silver Screen Holidays at Hower House – Saturday or Sunday, November 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 or 27, 12-3:30 p.m. Akron’s 1871 Victorian Masterpiece Hower House will be decked out from top to bottom with a holiday movie theme. After your tour, enjoy wassail and cookies at the Cellar Door Store. Fun Christmas Event in Akron, Ohio!
- Jingle Jazz at E.J. Thomas – Sunday, December 11, 3 p.m. Jack “Frost” Schantz, Jingle Joe Augustine and other talented faculty and student musicians from The University of Akron’s School of Music will lead the jazzy celebration of the holiday season. Fun Christmas Event in Akron, Ohio.
- First Night® Akron 2012 -Saturday, December 31, 6 p.m.-midnight – Best New Year Celebration in Akron, Ohio! First Night is a family-friendly, alcohol-free festival throughout Downtown Akron! Enjoy fireworks at 9 p.m. (great for young families) and midnight! My family goes every year!
- Ice Skating at Lock 3 – Thursday- Sunday in January. Receive one free skate rental, then replenish with a hot dog and drink!
- Pick One: Classical with Tuesday Musical or Children’s Jazz Experience.
- Tuesday Musical Presents Franz Welser-Most, Music Director, The Cleveland Orchestra -Tuesday, January 31, 7:30 p.m. The Cleveland Orchestra with Music Director Franz Welser-Most
- Children’s Jazz Experience – Sunday, February 5, 1-2 p.m. Kids and adults alike will enjoy the cool jazz sounds of the Kyle Magilavy Trio. Interactive for kids with hands on experience.
- Akron Zoo 1 Free Admission – Saturday, February 4-Saturday, February 18, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. It is the only local zoo that lets you get nose-to-nose close with over 700 animals from around the world including snow leopards, jaguars, lemurs and more. Feed the penguins only in the winter. Going to the zoo in a snow storm is the best time of all, but let’s hope for good weather. 🙂
- Two Special Exhibitions at the Akron Art Museum – Wednesday, February 8-Thursday, February 23 The renowned Akron Art Museum is a spectacular backdrop to regional, national and international art created since 1850.
- Akron Civic Theatre Festival of Nations 2012 – Saturday, February 18, 7 p.m. Festival of Nations 2012 will feature dance performances from different cultures around the globe. It offers interactive activities, educational booths and international foods too.
- Baseball Fun at Canal Park – Friday, February 24, 6-8 p.m. Enjoy pre-season baseball fun at Canal Park! Enjoy an exclusive stadium tour, special door prizes and raffles, ticket deals, ballpark eats and a cash bar!
- Rubber City Rollergirls Bout – Pick One: Saturday, March 10, 5 p.m. or Saturday, April 14, 5 p.m. Akron’s own roller derby league presents an evening of action-packed, fast-paced, high-energy fun the whole family will enjoy!
- Behind the Scenes with Actors’ Summit Theatre – Thursday, March 15, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Enjoy a guided tour of the Actors’ Summit facility, then stay for rehearsal of the “trivial comedy for serious people,” The Importance of Being Earnest.
- All Aboard the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad – Saturday, April 14 & Sunday, April, 15, 11:35 a.m. Welcome Spring with a trip on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
- Akron Symphony Concerts for Kids: Peter and the Wolf – Pick one: Tuesday, May 1, 10:45-11:30 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Family Center, Akron OR Thursday, May 3, 10:45-11:30 a.m. at Barberton YMCA, Barberton OR Friday, May 4, 10:45-11:30 a.m. at Green YMCA, Green. The Akron Symphony presents Concerts for Kids for kids ages 2-6 that explores the personalities of orchestral instruments through a performance of Prokofiev’s beloved classic Peter and the Wolf.
Discover Downtown Akron Passport for Gifts
We all have people in our lives that have everything. Gift giving for these people is so difficult. Giving them the gift of a Discover Downtown Akron Passport is something they can use for many months to come, is unique, is creative, and affordable! I hope my family isn’t reading this because I plan to buy the Discover Downtown Akron Passport for Christmas gifts this Christmas. 12 of the 16 events are held after Christmas, so you don’t have to feel like they will be missing out on too many events!
Buy Discover Downtown Akron Passport
You can buy the Discover Downtown Akron Passport on the Discover Downtown website for $15 or in person at Angel Falls Coffee- Downtown location or Highland Square location, Downtown Akron Partnership Office, Library Shop on Main, and at Noto.
Win Discover Downtown Akron Passport (Cl0sed)
Downtown Akron Partnership is giving you the chance to win 6 Discover Downtown Akron Passports! $90 value! (or $1080 retail value!)
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on October 29, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Downtown Akron Partnership who provided the products for review and giveaway.