We went to the Blossom Music Center for 4th of July concert and had a fabulous time as a family. Blossom has an upcoming family event you won’t want to miss, Disney in Concert- Magic Music from the Movies on Saturday, August 21, 2010.
Disney in Concert- Magic Music from the Movies is sure to be a crowd pleaser for both kids and adults. All of your favorite melodies from movies like Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King, and more will be performed live by the Blossom Festival Orchestra. Movie clips will be projected on giant screens. This is sure to be a magical time under the stars with your loved ones. There will even be a sing-along to Marry Poppins songs. How fun is that!?
As long as the weather cooperates, there will be a fireworks display to end this memorable evening. The display for 4th of July were better than any we saw this year, I was very impressed.
Mark your calendar now for Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 8:30pm. Disney in Concert- Magic Music from the Movies is the perfect way to wrap up Summer before your kids head back to school.
How to make your trip to Blossom Music Center special
As I mentioned, we had a great time at Blossom when we went earlier this Summer. If you’ve never been to Blossom, here are a few tips to make your visit extra special.
- Pack a nice picnic for your family. I failed to do this and really wish I had. They have great food stands there to buy elephant ears, etc if you prefer. Also, you can order a Blossom boxed dinner/ lunch or go all out with a Blossom picnic basket.
- Arrive at least 1 hour early to relax and enjoy. We will probably arrive 1-1/2 hours early, we felt “rushed” being there just 45 min early. People arrive early to visit with friends and family, read a book, enjoy their picnic, or let the kids roll down the hills for fun. 🙂
- Bring a picnic blanket large enough to spread out and relax or lawn chairs. You can also rent lawn chairs for $5 there.
- There is quite a long walk from the parking lot to the grounds. Bring a stroller or wagon if you have small children.
- Bring a blanket to snuggle as it get chilly after sundown.
Buy Tickets Blossom Disney in Concert- Magic Music from the Movies
Pavilion Tickets: $32, $37, $48 Box Seats: $88. Pavilion tickets for children ages 12 and under are half the adult price.
Lawn Tickets: $21; Children ages 12 and under are admitted free to the Lawn. Kids’ Lawn Passes are available at the Blossom Box Office and the Severance Hall Ticket Office with the purchase of an Adult Ticket.
You can order tickets online or by calling 216-231-1111 or 800-686-1141.
Win Tickets Blossom Disney in Concert- Magic Music from the Movies (Closed)
Updated: 8/12/10 Winner Announced: Penny Myers, entry #2. Congratulations. I hope to see everyone who entered to win at the concert!
Blossom Music Center is generously offering one lucky winner 4 Lawn Tickets ($84) to see Disney in Concert- Magic Music from the Movies! (That’s enough to invite another family if you have kids under age 12 because they are free! Limit 2 kids per adult.)
ENTRY #1: You must visit the Blossom Cleveland Orchestra Website and leave one comment below on something you learned or another concert you’d like to attend.
EXTRA Entries (do as many as you wish and leave a corresponding comment below) Please be sure to do Entry #1 above or all extra entries do not qualify.
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to this article and to Blossom Cleveland Orchestra Website.
- “Like” AkronOhioMoms.com on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- Follow AkronOhioMoms on twitter
- For 2 entries each, get your friends to follow AkronOhioMoms on twitter (Leave their name(s) in comment if they start following me.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day! You can copy and paste: Win Blossom Disney in Concert- Magic Music from the Movies Tickets $84 at www.AkronOhioMoms.com #contests
- For 2 entries, comment on any Total House Remodel post and let me know which one(s).
- Become an AkronOhioMoms member by joining us with Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar).
- Yahoo Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Google Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Stumble Upon this post with button on top of screen
- Enter any other active contest and leave a comment on which one(s)
This contest will not disqualify you for any active contests. For complete contest rules, please see our Contest Statement and Blog Disclosure. If you ever have any questions on entering to win, just ask [email protected] akronohiomoms .com.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on August 11, 2010 when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Blossom Music Center for the tickets for review and giveaway.