Lemonade Stand = Entrepreneurship Skill Development. That’s a plain and simple fact!! Plus an outstanding time during a long Summer break. I always smile when I see hand drawn signs being held by kids jumping and shouting trying to get someone, anyone’s attention and then the big huge smiles when they have a customer!
T-boy has really been wanting to do a lemonade stand for the past few years and I have not…wait, wait I am not a bad stepmom…it’s just that we live on a busy street where people do not adhere to the 25 mph speed limit. Through a web search I came across a wonderful company right out of Cleveland called Build a Dream Playhouse, and this, brought Lemonade to my sidewalk!
Build a Dream Playhouse Company
Build a Dream Playhouses™ was founded by a Cleveland father dedicated to the futures of the City of Cleveland, the State of Ohio, and the imaginations of children. To achieve that, and reflecting on his city’s hard times, he collaborated with the world famous Nottingham-Spirk Design Associates, a group of 3 to 9 year old children, and the Smurfit Stone Container Corporation, Build a Dream Playhouses™ is now proud to introduce to you what we believe to be the most innovative, fresh, and fun playhouses on the market.
I love their mission statement
“At Build a Dream Playhouses™, we strive to deliver safe, affordable, eco-friendly products that stimulate and encourage the endless imagination of ALL children. Our quality products offer the tangible framework for children to place their intangible dreams.”
The Snack Shack Review
This is the coolest playhouse I have seen in a long time and I was so super excited to review the Snack Shack™ ! T-boy was also very happy that I finally was on-board with having a lemonade stand this Summer. The Snack Shack has 6 cardboard sections that are easily assembled, without adhesives or fasteners, to construct the final product. There are no tools or special skills needed for construction and with a white blank canvas you can choose what you want your dream playhouse to look like.
T-boy and I both love Art and Crafts so this was a perfect way to spend quality time together on a beautiful sunny day in Akron. The hubby watched J-Girl and we went and picked out our paint colors and talked about our “game plan” for painting etc and how much we should charge for our delicious snacks and yummy lemonade etc. I asked T-boy what he was going to do with the money he made from the Snack Shack lemonade stand and when he told me he wanted to donate it all to the dogs/cats at The Humane Society of Greater Akron PAWSibilities (melt my heart) I knew that this was going to be the BEST lemonade stand EVER! I am a proud stepmom and I love that T-boy and I can connect using art and a love for animals to have a fun Summer! 🙂
Things I love about the Snack Shack
- reasonably priced for such a fun innovative and customizable playhouse
- the instructions were illustrated nicely and building the Snack Shack took us less than 15 minutes
- the corrugated cardboard is very durable (a replacement “countertop” is also included in case of a lemonade spill!)
- eco-friendly product manufactured from 80% recycled materials that result in an end product that is 100% recyclable (awesome)
- safe for all ages since all products conform to the standards of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)
- customizable since you are the artist you can choose what colors/wording you want your Snack Shack ™ will look like
- easy to store! when we were done we just unhooked the two side window panels and placed them behind a shelf in our garage (would be a fun addition to a playroom or basement when not your Snack Shack ™ is not open for business.
- encourages children to be creative and use different mediums such as paint, markers, crayons, glitter etc.
- wonderful family activity from start (building) to finish (selling yummy treats to customers)
- 2 large serving windows so siblings, friends or parents can participate as well!
- Other great products available from Build a Dream Playhouse such as Cosmic Cruiser™, Imagine Wagon™, Dream Machine™, Pop N’ Play Kitchen™, Pop N’ Play Castle™
If you are looking for a fun family activity and were thinking about having a lemonade stand or getting a new toy for the kids this Summer please check out Build a Dream Playhouse, you wont regret it! Hope to see you at our Snack Shack sometime this Summer so you can say hello to T-boy and me and help donate to the dogs/cats at the Humane Society of Great Akron!
To purchase a Build a Dream Playhouse product
Please stop on over to Build a Dream Playhouse’s website or catch up with them on their blog to find out more info on their company and their awesome products! You can also find them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter.
Win a Build a Dream Playhouse of your choice (closed)
Updated: 7/27/11 Winner Announced: Danielle Armentrout
Build a Dream Playhouse is offering one winner a playhouse of their choice! (up to $69.95)
Important Links to enter this contest:
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
30 Day Winning Rule applies, since this is under $25 you may win this and still be eligible for other prizes within the 30 days. For complete contest rules, please see our Contest Statement and Blog Disclosure.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on July 18, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Build a Dream Playhouse who provided the products for review and giveaway.