There are many free things to do on Sunday and Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day in Akron and Cleveland, Ohio with your family this year.
Free Things to Do on Sunday, Jan 15th for Martin Luther King Jr. Day in Akron
- Akron-Summit County Public Library for an MLK lecture on SUNDAY, Jan 15th 2-4pm from Basil Smikle Jr.
- Attend the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration at Congregational Church on 292 E. Market St. on SUNDAY, Jan 15th at 4pm which includes a march, speeches, and performances.
Free Things to Do on Monday, Jan 16th for Martin Luther King Jr. Day in Akron
- Visit the Akron Zoo for free admission. Winter is one of the best seasons to see some animals, including snow leopards. This video shows why!
- Join a celebration of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the MLK Summit at Christ Community Chapel 4:30-6pm with a showing of the “I have a dream” speech and discussion on unity and justice.
- Visit the Akron Art Museum, which offers FREE admission from 11am – 5pm. Celebrate the legacy of MLK Jr with a special photograph display in the lobby.
- Take a brisk walk at our area trails, including the Hike & Bike Trail, CVNP, or Akron Metroparks for scenic views and a little exercise. Bring your dog!
- John Brown House will be open for FREE from 1 to 3 p.m. Discover how John Brown led a raid in 1859 in an effort to end slavery in the United States.
- Try the Y – visit any Akron area YMCA and try it out for free! There will be special children’s activities from noon- 2pm so parents can workout!
Free Things to Do on Monday, Jan 16th for Martin Luther King Jr. Day in Cleveland
- Visit the Great Lakes Science Center for FREE admission to special programming and hands-on science activities.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is open 10am – 5pm with FREE admission when you book your tickets online. Side note, if you are a resident of Cleveland, this admission is free every day. Enjoy live stage performances at 11am and 1pm, film screenings including a MLK Jr. Past Virtual Program, and more. Side note, Gallery admission is free every Thursday and FREE everyday for ages 17 and under.
- The Cleveland Museum of Natural History is FREE from 10am – 5pm to honor the memory of MLK Jr. Connect with museum scientists, watch wildlife presentations, enjoy hands-on activities.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden is offering FREE admission for their indoor gardens with a focus on National Day of Service and the spirit of MLK Jr. Visit between 10:30am – 4pm.
Comment Via Facebook