My girls love to do arts and crafts. We have an entire closet full of craft kits, play-doh, paints, stamps, and the list goes on and on. On rainy or snowy days, my girls break out the bins of supplies and get creative. Now they have a new favorite to add to their list of go-tos – Wikki Stix. Wikki Stix are lengths of yarn coated with food grade wax. Wikki Stix are completely pliable, and stick to paper with out any glue. Kids use their own imagination to bend the sticks into their own designs, and it’s amazing what they’ll come up with!
Great Gift Ideas from Wikki Stix
Wikki Stix gave me 3 products to review:
1) The Wikki Stix Activity Set
2) Wikki Stix Card Making Kit
3) Wikki Stix Holiday Crafts
The Wikki Stix Activity Set – $16.95
This set is made up of a lap-size white board, 84 Wikki Stix in 16 colors, and dot-to-dot templates. This set has won the Parents’ Choice Classic Toy Award. This is one of my daughters’ favorites. It now stays in our car, and has gone to church with us, to PTO meetings, on longer car rides, and to a variety of waiting rooms. My 5 year old, Lila, LOVES it. She has tons of fun making her own creations on the white board and practicing her alphabet using Wikki Stix. I love a toy with educational value!
Wikki Stix Card Making Kit – $14.95
These are super cute too! Last month, Lila’s kindergarten teacher celebrated her birthday. Lila made her a card using the Wikki Stix. It turned out incredibly cute! She started off using the butterfly dot-to-dot template. She pressed her design onto the card, and then created the cute Wikki Stix polka-dot pattern for the inside of the butterfly.
Didn’t she do a nice job?! Her ten year old sister, Alyssa, saw what she was doing, and decided she wanted to get in on the Wikki Stix party. She was working on a language arts project, and decided to use the Wikki Stix to add a little pizzazz.
It worked! Her project turned out so cute. And, even though she just created it on regular copy paper rather than something sturdier, the Wikki Stix stuck on, all the way to school.
Wikki Stix Christmas Fun Activity Book – $8.95
Kids can busy themselves during Christmas break with these fun activities! The book includes over 25 activities: making a garland, counting and matching activities, designs to trace, a photo ornament to customize, and a 3D reindeer.
This kit comes with 36 Wikki Stix. Sit your kids at the kitchen table with this kit, and I bet you could get lots of gift wrapping, baking, or or internet shopping done while they have a blast!
Why I Love Wikki Stix – A Mom’s Perspective
- No batteries!
- Kids use their brains designing with Wikki Sticks, and it encourages creative thinking and manual dexterity.
- They are portable – think car rides to grandma’s house, waiting for food at restaurants, doctors’ offices, etc…
- The kits are affordably priced.
- They are a great gift idea!
- Their product line is enormous – there truly is something for just about every child. Wikki Stix are even used with kiddos who need occupational therapy.
- They have even more templates for greeting cards and activities on their website that you can download for free, as well as templates for teachers…Wow!
- I admit it – my husband and I have been caught creating our own designs on the Wikki Stix board too!
Buy Wikki Stix
Wikki Sticks can be purchased on their website. They have a GREAT deal going on Black Friday – for ONE DAY ONLY:
Win Wikki Stix
The fun folks at Wikki Stix are giving away a Wikki Stix set like the one I reviewed to one lucky AkronOhioMoms.com reader. This includes: 1 Wikki Stix Activity Set, 1 Wikki Stix Card Making Kit and 1 Wikki Stix Christmas Activity Book – a $ 40.85 value!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
30 Day Winning Rule applies. For complete contest rules, please see our Contest Statement and Blog Disclosure.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on December 3, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Wikki Stix who provided the products for review and giveaway.