Baking with kids is fun, especially during the holidays. This Christmas, your little helpers will love adding the decorations on these Christmas Tree Brownie Bites. During my recent Smucker’s Holiday Traditions trip, I tried this recipe out with another blogger, James Zahn from The Rock Father.
This is an easy recipe that taste as good as it looks. You can make the brownies weeks ahead of time and freeze them. When you are ready to decorate them, simply thaw and proceed with decorating. This is just one make-ahead recipe that I had the pleasure of learning about at the Smucker’s event, check out all my #HolidayTips tagged posts for more festive recipes.
Holiday Brownie Tree Bites Recipe
Makes: 48 Brownie Bites
Preparation Time: 60 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Holiday Brownie Tree Bites Recipe Ingredients
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 c Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 c water
- 2 large eggs (I use Eggland’s Best)
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Garland Green Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 24 thin pretzel sticks, halved
Holiday Brownie Tree Bites Recipe Directions
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions on the box using oil, water, and eggs.
- Bake brownies 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Freeze 30 minutes or up to 2 weeks if covered.
- Remove brownies from pan using edges of foil.
- Cut brownies into 6 horizontal rows.
- Cut 8 triangles out of each row to look like Christmas trees.
- Insert pretzel into bottom center of triangle to make the tree trunk.
- Frost trees with icing. (Older kids can help with this step.)
- Sprinkle candy bits on the icing. (All kids will love helping with this step!)
Check out more delicious recipes on the Smucker’s website. Happy Baking!