First Night Akron is getting into gear for the 2014 event! Our favorite family friendly event needs a whole slew of people to participate and perform on December 31st. Now through right now they are looking for talent!
To be included in the cast of musicians, dancers, dramatic performers, puppeteers, movie directors, artists, interactive presenters, strolling entertainers or storytellers, you have to start by submitting a proposal!
Interested artists can visit First Night Akron online www.firstnightakron.org/
So, First Night Akron will probably be WAY mad if they find out I am saying this, but, what about finding a way to increase your company’s visibility through a performance or presentation of some kind?
Turning your job into a work of art
- Sheet Metal Fabricators- make a 20 foot tall robot to stand on Main Street!
- Dog Trainers- Run a circus!
- Hair Stylists- Dress up big hair girls to look like Dr. Seuss characters!
- Restaurants- Present your chefs as celebrities and make a feast bigger than life!
- Retail Clerks- have a checkout challenge interactive race for kids!
- Akron Beacon Journal – Roll out the biggest roll of paper you have for a coloring contest!
- First Energy- Get your engineers to fire up a Van de Graaf generator
- Photographers- Offer photos in the street and offer to print at cost.
- Landscapers – Make a sandcastle
- Electricians- put lights on a sand castle
- Accountants – Setup Dominoes
- Bloggers- Blog in a box. Nah, never mind, just plain weird.
How could your job be turned into a work of art?