Of all AkronOhioMoms bloggers, I am certainly not the expert on How to Celebrate Chinese New Year. However, it is a fun time to celebrate, something to look forward to in the cold month of January and involves good Chinese food, so I’m there! Chinese New Year 2012 starts on January 23, 2012 and last until February 6, 2012. This is the year of the Dragon! Something my son thinks is totally cool!
Much of Chinese New Year revolves around friends and family gathering for banquets and visiting one another during this time. Although Akron is far from Chinatown, we can all celebrate Chinese New Year.
How to Celebrate Chinese New Year
- Clean House – What a celebration, right? Traditionally, the Chinese consider it important to have a thoroughly clean home, to sweep away any bad luck lingering around from 2011.
- Decorate – Your kids will love this. Decorate with paper cutouts on doors, windows, etc. Using the color red is considered lucky.
- Don’t Clean – I can do that! You don’t want to clean the first several days of Chinese New Year for fear of sweeping away good luck.
- Gather with Family – Get together with friends and family.
- Give kids fruit – Tangerines and oranges are given to kids and guest for wealth and good luck (wonder if Cuties count!)
- Serve festive foods – Serve delicious Chinese food to symbolize abundance and good fortune, this is where Crazy Cuizine comes into play.
Celebrate Chinese New Year with Crazy Cuizine
Whether you are celebrating Chinese New Year or just want to enjoy delicious Chinese food, check out Crazy Cuizine. I wrote a review earlier this year on several of their dishes that my family thoroughly enjoyed.
What I like about Crazy Cuizine is that they offer delicious Asian cuisine that is easy to prepare and contains no preservatives, trans-fat or MSG. You get the quality of authentic Chinese food with the convenience of heat-and-serve.[slickr-flickr tag=crazycuizine]
Enjoy Asian Dishes such as: Orange Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Pork Potstickers, Chicken Potstickers, Tangerine Beef, Koren BBQ Chicken, and General Tso’s Chicken.
Win Crazy Cuizine (Closed)
You have the opportunity to win 3 Free Crazy Cuizine products! ($27 value) The coupons can be used at BJ’s Wholesale Club locations and select club stores across the country as well as at Albertsons, Ralphs, Food for Less, Raley’s and Lucky Supermarkets throughout California and the Pacific Northwest.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on January 19, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Crazy Cuizine who provided the products for review and giveaway.