My family and I LOVE the Akron Zoo. It’s close to home, you get SO close to the animals, and its just the right size for little feet! I have kept a yearly membership to the zoo every year since my oldest was old enough to appreciate it!- My mom and dad (aka grandma and grandpa) think that I am insane for taking the kids to A zoo at least once a month, but I think its a wonderful little get away- any day of the week. The Akron membership gets me into the Cleveland zoo and many more across the country for free! A great add on for any family vacation.
Everyday zoo visitation is good, but they have some special events you might want to treck down to near West Akron to find:
- Breakfast with the Bunny: Egg hunt, Breakfast, festive activities, bunny visits and goody bags! March 27, 28, and April 3rd.
- Mother’s Day Breakfast and Tea Party: It’s not exactly a Ken Stewart’s brunch, but its a great day out in MAY- Crafts, Entertainment, and a fancy tea party. Sunday May 9th.
- Dad’s Day: Crafts, Entertainment, and a nifty model railroad display- but no tea. Jue 19th
- Member’s Night: Thursday June 24th from 5 to 9- wow- see the zoo after hours. Keep the kids up!
- Pajama Party and Snooze: July 24th, this bat themed event includes a scavenger hunt, bouncy houses, livbe entertainment, snacks and crafts! It says something about a snooze, so, you can stay all night?? Maybe this is a really WILD yet civilized Camping alternative.
- There are also a few other ANIMAL Enrichment days scheduled: March 14th, June 11th, September 5th, and December 11th- NEW toys for the animals I think!
- Boo at the zoo and Snack with Santa do show up at the end of the year, so watch for it on our seasonal TO DO lists!
Find out more about all of these events at www.akronzoo.org