This Valentine’s Day Stained Glass Hearts craft is fun for kids of all ages. You should have all of the items you need already at your house.
Valentine’s Day Stained Glass Hearts Craft Supplies
What You Need:
- Wax Paper
- Broken Crayons
- Pencil Sharpener
Valentine’s Day Stained Glass Hearts Craft Preparation
- Tear off sheet of wax paper then fold in half and draw a heart on wax paper with pencil. It should look like this.
- Cut your heart out, make sure that you cut through both layers of wax paper so you end up with two hearts.
- Next, take broken crayons (we all have them laying around thanks to our little ones) and use the pencil sharpener to make crayon shavings.
- Prepare your table by laying newspaper down. At this time plug in your iron.
- Put one of your wax paper hearts on the newspaper and let your child put crayon shavings onto their heart.
- Once finished putting on crayon shavings, put second wax paper heart on top. Then put a piece of newspaper on top of your heart so that the iron doesn’t burn your wax paper.
- Iron for a few seconds over top of heart. This won’t take very long for the crayon shavings to melt and seal your heart.
- Pick up and let harden (this only takes a matter of seconds). Then if you would like to hang, use a hole puncher and yarn to hang up.
Comment Via Facebook