For me, fall equals comfort food like soups and stews. They’re warm, satisfying, and EASY! I love to make these meals in my crock pot (snobby foodies, laugh all you want!). How can you go wrong with a meal that basically cooks itself all day and fills up your kitchen with yummy aromas?! This recipe is a blend of several I found on line. My version has just a bit of spice, which makes it more kid friendly than others I’ve found. I made this for the first time last week, and let me tell you, it’s a keeper! My family liked it so much that it’s on our menu for this week as well.
Low Fat Crock-Pot Mexican Chicken Chowder Crockpot Recipe
Low Fat Crock-Pot Mexican Chicken Chowder Crockpot Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 envelope reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15.5 oz. can pinto, kidney OR black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen mixed veggies – your choice – ex: corn, carrots, peas.
- 1 c. diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Low Fat Crock-Pot Mexican Chicken Chowder Crockpot Directions
- Add the broth and taco seasoning to your crock-pot. Stir.
- Remove any fat from chicken breasts and add to crock-pot.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Shred chicken using 2 forks.
- Add all other ingredients to the crock-pot and stir well.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours.
- Ladle into bowls, and garnish with chopped green onions, cilantro, shredded cheese, light sour cream, or salsa.
Serve with corn bread, or flour or corn tortillas for those that might want to stuff them with the mixture. Round out the meal with some fresh fruit.
Comment Via Facebook