These yummy Pumpkin Muffins are one of our favorite fall treats. Kids love to help with this simple recipe, too. I love that it requires just one bowl and only a few minutes of time to make a healthy breakfast or after school treat. 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Muffins (Makes 12)
Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 ½ C all-purpose flour
- ½ C 1% milk
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ C canola oil (OR 1/4 C apple sauce for a lower-fat version)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ C raisins
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe Directions:
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray muffin tins w/ cooking spray, or use muffin/cupcake liners.
- Mix all ingredients until just moistened-mixture will be lumpy.
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle 1/8 tsp. sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake 18-20 min.
- Remove immediately from pan. Enjoy!
Hint: Freeze the remaining pumpkin in 1/2 C. portions for future use.