Pearce Corbin is an interior designer in-the-making and a freelance writer for MyProjectorLamps.Com. He’s a lover of vintage furniture and has a special affinity for spooky couches. In this guest post he shares easy dinner recipes that are great for busy families.
Easy Dinner Recipes for Kids
We’ve all been in situations where we’re undecided on which meal to cook for dinner. I am a single guy and it’s tough every night for me. I can just imagine how tough it is for moms to do this and feed several mouths. Good thing I have some go-to recipes that I would like to share with you all.
Lemon Chicken Salad with Tarragon Recipe
This recipe involves just a few simple steps.
Lemon Chicken Salad with Tarragon Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cups mayo
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
Lemon Chicken Salad with Tarragon Recipe Directions:
- Chop pecans and arrange on an oven tray and bake at 350°F, seven minutes until lightly toasted and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix the mayo and next five ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until combined.
Old-Fashion Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
This recipe takes no time at all.
Old-Fashion Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 slices white bread, shredded
- 2 tbsp Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 8 oz spaghetti, cooked
Old-Fashion Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Directions
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a pan over moderate heat and add the meatballs.
- Cook until the meatballs are brown on all sides, this will take about eight minutes.
- Heat the sauce in a pan over low heat.
- To serve, pour the sauce over the spaghetti and top with the meatballs.
Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe
This recipe can be made in as little as 15 minutes.
Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe Ingredients
- 15 oz black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe Directions
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the tortillas on a board and spread a half cup of the bean mixture on each.
- Fold the tortillas.
- Place 1 tsp oil in a pan over moderate heat.
- Add the quesadillas and heat on both sides for approximately four minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and keep covered.
- May serve the quesadillas with salsa.
Tortilla Soup Recipe
The preparation for this recipe is very simple.
Tortilla Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 10.5 oz chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup hominy
- 4 oz chopped green chiles
- 15 oz black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Crushed tortilla chips
Tortilla Soup Recipe Directions
- In a large pot, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Saute the onion and the garlic in the oil until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the next 5 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 5 ingredients and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with the tortilla chips.
Chipotle Lime Roasted Chicken Recipe
This recipe takes no time at all to prepare.
Chipotle Lime Roasted Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 Onion
- 1 Lime
- 6 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Chipotle Chile
Chipotle Lime Roasted Chicken Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix lime juice, lime rinds, onion, garlic, olive oil, cumin and chipotle.
- Stuff the chicken with the chipotle lime mixture.
- Roast the chicken, breast side down, 90 minutes basting with the pan juices every 15-20 minutes.