I am in the cooking and baking mood, searching for Spring Recipes. I’ve found a lot of great Spring Recipes on the McCormick Pinterest page that have inspired me. I also have some favorite recipes that I create each Spring. I try to always use McCormick brand products for the quality and consistency of flavor in their products.
Enter the McCormick’s Spring Pin-Spiration Contest
Right now, when you get inspired by some of their Spring Recipes, you could win during the McCormick’s Spring Pin-Spiration Contest. You can enter the McCormick’s Spring Pin-Spiration Contest now through April 22, 2012 with your own Pinterest McCormick board and a recreation of one of the recipes. You could win 1 of 25 Spring Baking Kits or even be featured in their online Look Book!
Some of my Favorite Spring Recipes
Below are some of my favorite Spring Recipes that are oldies but goodies.
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
This is my favorite Spring Recipe by far. I found it nearly 10 years ago on AllRecipes and have made a few changes to perfect it over the years. The cinnamon really makes the Cinnamon Chips good, so I always use McCormick brand, it has a good, fresh flavor every time.
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips Ingredients
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Apples (I use one Gala and one Granny Smith)- peeled, cored and diced
- 8-10 ounces blackberries or raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 3 TBSP fruit preserves, any flavor (I use Apricot)
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 4-8 TBSP cinnamon sugar
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips Directions
- Mix kiwis, apples, blackberries/raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Cut tortilla into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar.
- Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve cooled tortilla chips with chilled fruit mixture.
Spring French Toast Recipe
Most French Toast Recipes that I have tried in the past were the same, flavored with only cinnamon. This recipe calls for both cinnamon and nutmeg, giving it a wonderful flavor! I like the McCormick brand Cinnamon and Nutmeg.
Spring French Toast Recipe Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- salt – to taste
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices of bread (any kind)
Spring French Toast Recipe Directions
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Oil and heat skillet or griddle
- Soak each slice of bread in mixture.
- Cook on both sides until golden.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Babka Easter Bread Recipe
I make Babka Easter Bread every Easter. If you have never tried this traditional bread, I suggest you try it at least once, it is worth it. This special bread can be enjoyed at Easter and anytime of the year. I have previously posted this recipe, find the full Babka Easter Bread Recipe here. This recipes takes more than 6 hours to prepare, so I use only the best of ingredients from the flour to the vanilla. Using McCormick’s Pure Vanilla makes any recipe taste so much better, don’t skimp on vanilla!
Check out my other favorite Spring Recipes that I have tried or wish to try on my Spring Recipes Pinterest Board. Check out the McCormick Pinterest page for even more inspiring recipes and tips!
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for McCormick. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating.