I read this morning of a recently discovered natural agent that kills Bacteria in Food. It is called Bisin.
Recently discovered by microbiologist Dan O’Sullivan in Minnesota (GO DAN!!!) , this new agent:
- Lowers the growth of bacteria like E. coli, and salmonella
- Could allow sandwiches , Opened Wine, and Salad Dressing to stay fresh for more than a year
- More food will be saved, and never tossed away again!
If this is really really better than any previous food preserver (dare I say preservative?) , and additionally being all natural- is this one of those things that lets us say “man, we’re living in the future now”. – I think so!! What’s cool is because its all natural, it can SKIP all sorts of testing phases, and be put on the market in under a year. Thank You Dan O’Sullivan!
Let me make some guesses about Bisin…
Somebody smarter than me will figure out how to:
- Apply Bisin to those crazy green bags for vegetables
- Market Bisin as a spray to put on your cooked leftovers
- Replace other canning and jarring methods
- Add Bisin to lunch meat for sandwiches that last, and last, and last
- Use Bisin to maintain food supplies in third world countries
- Apply Bisin to water systems in undeveloped countries
- Make Sushi Safer!
And what, if all of these things come true and do happen because of Bisin?
- Food that’s canned or preserved might not need to be so canned or pickled with salt and vinegar- making it tastier
- Beef Jerky won’t be Jerked!
- Food will last Much Much longer- meaning less waste
- Less Waste in the supply chain too- meaning food won’t be pitched before its delivered
- Less worry for food recalls
- Less Worry of leaving food out for more than an hour during a party
Sounds like the future to me. Thank you Dan O’Sullivan- you will be my hero. Have an unprofessional idea on how to use Bisin? Comment below!