This is a tasty fresh side dish that goes well with most entrees. The Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe can be enjoyed topped with Bleu Cheese or Feta Cheese.
Lemon Bleu Cheese Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe Ingredients
Make a Bleu Cheese Cherry Tomato Salad by mixing bleu cheese and Nielsen-Massey Lemon Extract with minced shallots, a dash of cooking wine, minced garlic, and softened cream cheese. Toss with a pint of cherry tomatoes for a fresh side dish that is a treat for your eyes as well as your taste buds.
- 2 TBSP dry white wine
- 2 tsp finely minced shallots (I used green onions that I had on hand.)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic (If you aren’t a garlic lover, cut this in 1/2)
- 1/2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/8 tsp white pepper (I used McCormick black pepper that I had on hand.)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 ounces bleu cheese crumbles or Feta cheese
- 2 pint cherry tomatoes
Lemon Bleu Cheese Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe Instructions
- Combine the white wine and shallots (green onions) in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, garlic, lemon extract, pepper, cayenne pepper, beat until blended with electric mixer.
- Add the wine/shallot mixture, beat.
- Fold in bleu or feta cheese.
- Toss with cherry tomatoes.
- Serve chilled.
I received Nielsen Massey extracts to facilitate this post. The Lemon Bleu Cheese Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe is courtesy of Nielsen Massey, slightly altered.
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Nielsen Massey who provided the products for review.