I enjoy trying out new recipes. I get tired of preparing the same food over and over, don’t you? I’m also trying to prepare healthier food for my family. Old London, the makers of Melba Snacks is also on a mission to give their customers healthy foods, recipes, and tips on healthy living. I was able to review several types of Old London products.
Old London Melba Snacks Recipes
I prepared the Melba Toast Quiche for my family for tonight dinner. My family loves quiche whenever I think to make it, which isn’t often. The Melba Toast Quiche had such much flavor, completely different than any quiche I’ve made before. It is easy too. Simply mix all the ingredients (chopped Old London Sea Salt Melba Snacks, eggs, cream, onion, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, feat cheese, and salt).
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, cut, and serve. I paired mine with a spinach salad.
We ate the entire quiche for dinner since we all had seconds. The Melba Toast combined with the tomatoes and olives made it so flavorful. I would cut back on the salt for this recipe but otherwise, this recipe is a keeper. Find the Melba Toast Quiche recipe here.
Old London Melba Snacks Review
We were also able to try the Old London Melba Toast Rosemary & Olive Oil, it is the perfect alternative to bread with any meal or as a healthy snack.
The flavor is tasty without being over whelming, same with the crunch. There is a crunch to it but it is light. People feel fuller and more satisfied eating crunchy foods, so this is an excellent option.
We also tried out the Old London Bagel Snacks, Garlic & Herb. This all-natural product is great for snacking or adding to soups. Eat alone or top with dips, spreads, bruschetta, salsa, and more.
Bagel chips are light and crisp with the perfect amount of flavor.
Any of the Old London products make a great alternative for ordinary crackers for entertaining too. Bring Old London to your next party or gathering.
OPA! To A Better You Sweepstakes
We’ve all heard the phrase “Opa!” to express excitement. When I hear it, I always think back to one of my favorite movies, My Big Fat Greek Wedding– such a good movie. Like in the movie, Greeks find ways to celebrate life through heritage, food, and family every day. Old London has worked with a team of nutrition and culinary experts and the celebrity dancer, Chelsie Hightower to incorporate Greek culture to give their customers recipes and health tips for a healthy lifestyle.
To celebrate healthy living, Old London is giving you the chance to win an all-expense paid trip to the Greek Islands for one lucky winner and their guest through the OPA! To A Better You Sweepstakes. You can enter to win on the OldLondonFoods facebook page.
You could win a 8-day/7-night trip for two to Greece ($9,500 value)
- Round trip (coach class) air transportation from a major airport nearest the winner’s home address
- Seven nights (double occupancy) first class hotel accommodations in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini
- $2,000 gift card for spending money
Chelsie Hightower’s Healthy Living Tips
- Workout outside – find a local park, etc that motivates you. In the Akron area, we have the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and the MetroParks to take advantage of.
- Make healthy meal choice – Mediterranean diets are rich in olive oil, vegetables, fruit, fish, and dairy. Old London has excellent recipes to try on their Facebook page.
- Give yourself a break – We all deserve “me time” to relax and do what makes you happy.
- Eat healthy snacks – Eat smart snacks to keep your energy up like London Melba Snacks.
- Dance – Dancing is a huge part of celebrating in Greece, it is also a good workout.
- Be happy to stay healthy – Enjoy life by spending time with friends and family for not particular reason.
- Love yourself – Stop comparing yourself to other and love the person you are.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Old London. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.