During our vacation to Grand Haven, Michigan last summer, we spent some time at A & L Blueberry Farm – see my review here. It ended up being one of our favorite stops on our trip! While there, the great folks at A & L Farms gave me a blueberry recipe book. This recipe is my slightly adapted version of their Blueberry Banana Bread recipe.
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bread Recipe
yield: 2 loaves
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bread Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dry oatmeal (we prefer old fashioned)
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten (or the equivalent of egg substitute)
- 2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen will work too)
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bread Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients through salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir until just mixed (too much mixing = tough bread).
- Pour batter into 2 greased 8 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until top is nicely browned, and a fork inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pans and enjoy!
Comment Via Facebook