Simple, Easy bakery recipe using pineapple pie filling with an oatmeal based crust. This Pineapple Bars recipe was one of my husband’s favorite growing up and came from my mother-in-law, Karen. We enjoy this recipe year-round as a little bakery treat or dessert.This recipe is easy.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 can pineapple pie filling
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and oats.
- Cut in or blend with hands shortening.
- Pat 2/3 of mixutre into cookie sheet.
- Spread on pineapple filling.
- Pat remaining dough on top (will not be enough to cover)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
Comment Via Facebook
2 thoughts on “Pineapple Bars Recipe”
It is a very good recipe to make with kids. I figured my son would love working the shortening into the mix with his hands tonight when we made it. He tried it and said since it didn’t taste good and was all over his hands, he didn’t want to finish. He probably thought it would taste like cookie dough! lol Yummy when baked though!
This looks like a fun recipe to bake with kids – some hands on steps, and not too difficult.