Simple, Easy bakery recipe using pineapple pie filling with an oatmeal based crust. This Pineapple Bars recipe was one of my husband’s favorite growing up and came from my mother-in-law, Karen. We enjoy this recipe year-round as a little bakery treat or dessert.This recipe is easy.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 can pineapple pie filling
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and oats.
- Cut in or blend with hands shortening.
- Pat 2/3 of mixutre into cookie sheet.
- Spread on pineapple filling.
- Pat remaining dough on top (will not be enough to cover)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.