There are many benefits of making homemade baby food including a more nutritious diet for your baby. Below is a seasonal recipe your baby will love made with pumpkin – and love by you.
Pumpkin Parsnip Power Puree Baby Food Recipe
This recipe is for babies ages 6-9 months.
Pumpkin Parsnip Power Puree Baby Food Ingredients
- 1 Cup of Fresh Pumpkin
- 1 Parsnip
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Chives
Pumpkin Parsnip Power Puree Baby Food Instructions
- Peel pumpkin and parsnip and cut it into small cubes.
- Steam or simmer in a little water until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain and blend in an Omega blender.
- Top off with nutmeg and chives.
- Stir and Serve once cooled down.
- Homemade baby food produces very little waste since there’s no packaging or labels
- Some research has indicated that exposure to a wide variety of textures and tastes by age 1 helps the transition to table food
- Homemade baby food gets your baby used to eating the same food as the rest of the family- just in puree form
- Studies suggest that homemade baby food provides a more nutritious diet- one containing more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. This may be protective against the development of food allergies.
- Homemade baby food is economical and a great way to capitalize on seasonal harvests.
Comment Via Facebook