There’s a baking craze that taking the world by storm and packing great eats in small packages: Babycakes Cake Pops. Truly, who can say “No!” to a moist, little ball of cake, covered in silky frosting?! Would you believe me if I told you Babycakes Cake Pop makers can be used to make 175 different recipes, including appetizers?! Thanks to authors Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss and their book 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Maker Recipes, from publisher Robert Rose, you can now wow family and friends with your Babycake repertoire!
175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Maker Recipes At A Glance
This awesome recipe book is chock full of baking and decorating hints, techniques, and of course, recipes! The book has sections on: tips on using your cake pop maker, making cakes and sweets, baking doughnuts, Ebelskivers (Danish pancakes) and muffins, and creating appetizers, booze pops, companion dips, and even vegan and gluten-free treats!
I also love the tutorials on the best techniques for decorating your cake pops, complete with step-by-step photos. There’s also an entire section devoted to making gifts or fancy party treats with your Babycakes Cake Pop Maker! Look at these cute Dog Lover cake pops – know anyone who would get a kick out of these?
Try 2 Recipes From 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Maker Recipes
*Thai Crab Bites Recipe
Makes 17 to 19 crab bites
Served with Wasabi Mayo Sauce, these Asian-inspired crab bites make a fantastic appetizer.
Thai Crab Bites Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 round buttery crackers (about 2 inches/ 6 5 cm in diameter), finely crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion 30 mL
- 1 tbsp chopped drained pimento 15 mL
- 1 tsp finely minced gingerroot 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp crab boil or seafood seasoning 1 mL
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper 0.5 mL
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise 15 mL
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
- 6 oz backfin (lump) crabmeat, drained 175 g and picked over to remove cartilage
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs 125 mL
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 30 mL
- Wasabi Mayo Sauce
Thai Crab Bites Recipe Directions:
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, green onion, pimento, ginger, garlic powder, crab boil seasoning, cayenne, egg white, mayonnaise and mustard. Gently stir in crabmeat. Season to taste with black pepper.
- Using wet hands, lightly shape mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Roll each ball in panko.
- Brush cake pop wells with vegetable oil. Place one crab bite in each well. Bake for 8 minutes. Carefully place the fork tool between each crab cake and the edge of the well and gently turn the crab cake over. Bake for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Repeat with the remaining crab mixture. Serve warm, with Wasabi Mayo Sauce.
If you don’t have buttery crackers on hand, you can substitute 1/4 cup (60 mL) more panko bread crumbs, saltine cracker crumbs or dry bread crumbs.
You can use a 6-oz (175 g) can of lump crabmeat, drained, for the crabmeat.
*Sweet Thanks Cake Pops Recipe
Makes 1 gift
The words “thank you” are so simple, but they carry such meaning — especially when you add a tasty cake pop treat arranged in a jar full of candy!
Sweet Thanks Cake Pops Recipe Ingredients:
- Milk chocolate, red, blue, green,
- orange, yellow and white candy melts
- 6 Brownie Cake Pops or 6
- Strawberry Cake Pops
- 6 cake pop sticks 6
- 1 pastry bag or squeeze bottle, fitted with a fine tip
- 1 1-pint (500 mL) canning jar
- Candy-coated chocolate candies
- Red paper raffia ribbon
Sweet Thanks Cake Pops Recipe Directions:
- 1Melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate candy melts and use to attach a stick to 1 cake pop. Freeze cake pop for at least 15 minutes to set. Reserve the remaining candy melts. Repeat with red, blue, green, orange and yellow candy melts, using each color to attach a stick to 1 cake pop.
- Add 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) chocolate candy melts to those left in the cup and melt until smooth. Coat the cake pop secured with chocolate melts. Set in a cake pop stand to dry. Repeat with red, blue, green, orange and yellow candy melts. Set in the stand to dry.
- Melt 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) white candy melts. Use the pastry bag to pipe swirls (see page 33) or filigree on each cake pop. Set in the stand to dry.
- Fill the canning jar with candies. Arrange cake pops in the jar, using the candies to steady them. Tie the ribbon in a bow around the lip of the jar.
This gift could also be used to say “Happy Birthday,” “Thinking of You” or just “Hello.”
When you’re coating cake pops, the candy melts need to be deep enough that you can dip the cake pops straight down into the melts. If you’re only dipping a few cake pops, there will be some candy melts left over, but they can be melted again and used another time.
Buy 175 Best Babycake Cake Pop Recipes
You can purchase 175 Best Babycake Cake Pop Recipes directly from Robert Rose publishers on their website. It is also available from online retailers like Amazon.com.
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Robert Rose who supplied the product for the review & giveaway.