We prefer lamb and veal from the Mountain State Rosen Company for consistent, high quality cuts every time. Check out the following recipe for Veal Marsala that looks amazing. I plan to try this recipe over the weekend and I’ll share with you what my family thinks.
Veal Marsala Recipe
This Veal Marsala Recipe looks delicious. The ingredients are easy to find, you probably have most of them already in your kitchen. I like that it is a quick 25 minute meal too, perfect for busy weeknights! Mountain States Rosen Veal Cutlets (labeled under Cedar Springs Nature Veal) are available at Heinen’s!
Veal Marsala Recipe Ingredients
- 1 pound veal cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. I use Cedar Springs Veal.
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c dry Marsala wine
- 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
Veal Marsala Recipe Directions
- If veal cutlets are not 1/8″ thick, pound to this thickness.
- Mix flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in shallow dish.
- Lightly coat cutlets with flour mixture.
- Melt 2 TBSP butter over medium heat
- Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes, until mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Melt 1 TBSP of butter in same skillet
- Cook 2 or 3 cutlets at a time in skillet for 3 minutes or until veal is cooked through, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining cutlets, adding remaining butter as needed.
- Add Marsala to skillet; increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook and stir until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and wine is reduced by half.
- Stir in sauteed mushrooms, parsley and 1/4 tsp of salt; heat through.
- Spoon sauce over cutlets.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by the Beef Checkoff Program
Mountain States Rosen Company
The Mountain States Rosen Company meets the industry’s highest standards for quality and consistency so that you can have melt-in-your-mouth taste of veal every time. You can purchase Mountain States Rosen Company products locally at Heinen’s. The veal is labeled under Cedar Springs Nature Veal and is on sale this week at Heinen’s.
Mountain States Rosen Company veal and lamb are born & raised in the USA on ranches. Through a co-op of ranches that are steep in the tradition of family farming, they are able to preserve green open spaces and promote sustainable agriculture for the future. The Mountain States Rosen Company is the 1st company to offer All Natural, Never Ever lamb program that ensures that the animals never receive antibiotics or added hormones.
Like Mountain States Rosen on Facebook
Buy Mountain States Rosen
You can buy Mountain States Rosen products including Heinen’s locally in Akron, Ohio. Find your local Heinen’s here.