Tired of bland, oily canned seafood? Think they all taste the same? That was me before trying Wild Planet Seafood.
Their tagline is:
You’ve Never Tasted Wild Seafood Like This Before!
I wondered how true this could be? Aren’t all canned seafood basically the same? I was very, very delightfully surprised at the difference in texture and taste from the moment I opened the first can of Wild Planet Tuna Fish. I actually called my husband into the kitchen to taste it. He agreed that it was really good and suggested not adding much mayo to it!
What makes Wild Planet seafood so much better? For one, they take their delivery right off the fishing boats for the best selection of fish. Plus, you can feel good about knowing that Wild Planet uses only wild seafood caught from sustainable and free of habitat destruction fisheries. Wild Plant has your safety as their concern as they continually create new standards in seafood safety to protect again contaminants in the waters. All of Wild Planet’s products are sustainably caught and have a much lower mercury content than other brands of canned fish.
I used the Wild Albacore Tuna and Wild Skipjack Light Tuna to create a classic tuna salad recipe below. This was the best way for me to be able to compare my old canned tuna with the Wild Planet brand tuna.
The taste was as different as night and day. The Wild Planet tuna had better texture, more flavor, and taste great. It wasn’t slimy, thin or smelly like our old brand. I thought it tasted fresher too. My whole family enjoyed Wild Planet tuna and can’t wait to try their other canned seafood varieties.
Wild Planet Seafood Recipes
If you are like me, your recipe box is not full of recipes using canned seafood. Check out the Wild Planet Seafood Recipes on their website for fresh, new ideas.
I have a couple cans of the Wild Planet Salmon and plan to try the recipe below for Wild Planet Savory Salmon Cakes sometime this week. This is a great way to add fish to your diet.
Wild Planet Savory Salmon Cakes Recipe
Wild Planet Savory Salmon Cakes Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cans (6oz each) Wild Planet Wild Pink Shrimp Alaskan Sockeye Salmon or Pink Salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, plus more for coating
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of half a lime
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Wild Planet Savory Salmon Cakes Recipe Instructions:
- Combine salmon, breadcrumbs, scallions, bell pepper, eggs, garlic powder, parsley and lime juice.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Form into six cakes
- Coat in additional bread crumbs, cover and chill 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Saute salmon cakes until lightly browned, about 4 minutes each side.
Like Wild Planet on Facebook
Follow Wild Planet on Twitter
Buy Wild Planet Seafood
You can buy Wild Planet Canned Seafood locally at Whole Foods, Giant Eagle, and heinen’s. You can also purchase on the Wild Planet website and on Amazon.com.
Win Wild Planet Seafood (Cl0sed)
You have the chance to win Wild Planet Seafood (Free coupon for your choice of Tuna, Free coupon for Sardines, and Free Coupon for Salmon) $20 value
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on April 5, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Wild Planet who provided the products for review and giveaway.