Society has given Dad’s a bad wrap to the point that dads can feel like it’s no hope. Dads are vital to society and their kids. Dads need encouragement and that is exactly what Chicken Soup for the Soul Thanks Dad gives.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Thanks Dad Review
Chicken Soup for the Soul Thanks Dad is 107 stories that uplift, thank, and remember dads of all kinds from kids of all ages. This is a great read for dads and kids alike.
The first story that I could relate to was “Preacher’s Kid”. I too am a PK so I knew exactly what the writer meant regarding moving. As a PK, my family moved a lot too. There was a special family bond that we shared as we had nobody else to lean on, especially after just moving to a new town. I remember being so lucky to have my dad home or at least just next door at church all of my life. We spent a lot of time together. I loved it. We did a lot together as a PK family. One of my favorite memories that we did often was going to the Ohio River to watch the barges and sometimes throw bottles with notes in them into the river!
The 2nd story that I could relate to was the “Unfair Dad”. This story talked about how her father wouldn’t let her go all over town unsupervised while in middle school and high school. She couldn’t stay out past 9pm. She couldn’t wear or do the same things as her friends. She wasn’t allowed to watch PG13 movies or watch MTV. She didn’t learn until adulthood how her father was just protecting her. He kept her from bad decisions and risks that could have changed her life for the worst. Her father was protecting her. My dad was the same way. I wasn’t allowed to watch MTV, listen to much secular music, stay out late, etc. I knew the reasons why even as a teenager but it was still hard to not ‘fit in’. Now, I am thankful for so many things that my dad didn’t allow. My dad protected me.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Thanks Dad is full of inspirational stories on: How Dads say I love you, Lessons from Dad, Dads to the Rescue, Fathering Teens, Dads through the Thick and Thin, Dads Stepping up to the Plate, Dads Make Ties that Bind, Dads are Everyday Heroes, Dads and Moments that Last Forever, and Truly Grand Dads. This is another great book of inspirational stories from Chicken Soup for the Soul!
Buy Chicken Soup for the Soul Thanks Dad
I recommend this book as a gift for Father’s Day, birthdays, get well soon, retirement, new dads gift, Grandparent’s Day, and just because gifts. You can purchase Chicken Soup for the Soul Thanks Dad for about $10.17 at Amazon. Father’s Day is June 20, 2010, order now!
Win Chicken Soup for the Soul Thanks Dad (Closed)
Updated: 6/15/10 Winners Announced: Congratulations, Jennifer H entry #53, Jeanette Huston entry #23, and Chrystal entry #108. You each have 36 hours to respond or another entry will be randomly drawn. Thanks to all who entered!
Thanks to Chicken Soup for the Soul who will be giving away 3 copies of this book!
ENTRY #1: You must visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul and leave one Comment Below on another book you would like to give as a gift.
Extra Entries (do as many as you wish and leave a corresponding comment below) Please be sure to do Entry #1 above or all extra entries do not qualify.
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to this article and to Chicken Soup for the Soul.
- “Like” AkronOhioMoms.com on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- “Like” Chicken Soup for the Soul on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- For 2 entries, comment on any Total House Remodel post
- Yahoo Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Google Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Stumble Upon this post with button on top of screen
- Follow AkronOhioMoms on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You can Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day! You can copy and paste: Win Chicken Soup for the Soul Thanks Dad http://tinyurl.com/33nz3v7 #sweepstakes #contests #win
- Vote for AkronOhioMoms.com on Top Baby Blogs by clicking here ( just click here, then click on the phrase “Cast A Vote”, nothing else required)
- Rate my site on Top 100 Mommy Blogs.
- For 2 entries, become an AkronOhioMoms member by joining us with Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar).
- Enter any other active contest and leave a comment on which one(s)
- Leave a new comment on any other non-giveaway post, one per post, leave comment on which one(s).
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on June 14th when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Chicken Soup for the Soul who provided books for review & giveaway.