“Have you read/felt the need to read a book that is enjoyable, a quick read and filled with inspirational short stories? I recently read Chicken Soup for the Soul’s “Think Positive” book and I am so glad that I did! I have read other books from the Chicken Soup for the Soul’s wonderful franchise over the years and this book is a great addition to my growing collection. Consider making this book a fun Christmas gift or stocking stuffer this year for friends and family.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Think Positive Review
I think that with all that we all have going on in our lives it is vital to sit down and take a few minutes to read a short and true life inspirational story to boost our outlook on life. We all need an attitude adjustment every once in while-right!? There are 101 stories about how real people have used positive thinking to improve their lives and overcome challenges.
The book is broken down into 10 sections(chapters) which was nice when I wanted to check out a specific set of stories. I found it hard to read just one story and had to make myself stop and save some stories for the next quiet time that I would’ve had.
I normally start a book from the beginning but with this book I felt it was okay to cheat by looking at the table of contents and find the sections I wanted to start with. I chose to read the stories in chapter 5 “Counting your Blessings” first and I want to share with you one of them entitled “100 blessings”. Although it is a very short story it was exactly what I needed. A woman was challenged to write down a list of 100 things in her life that were blessings to her at a time when she was feeling overwhelmed with life and the negative things that can take hold of our lives.
The first blessing she wrote was being alive–isn’t that something so simple but yet amazing!? I was taken back by the fact that I make lots of lists in my life like, the everyday to-do lists, grocery lists, home improvements to be made, and lately Christmas gift lists and other lists that really are not productive to me or anyone else in my family.
Feeling a bit convicted I grabbed a piece of paper, reheated my cup of peppermint tea and started to write down the blessings in my life… I quickly hit 100 and kept on going!! It felt amazing to look back and read all the blessings that I have been given in my life and before this quick exercise, I sadly was taking a lot of them for granted.
Could you take a few minutes to list all the magnificent blessings you have in your life? I bet you have more blessings in your life than you think. This book is definitely a great book to own in your book shelf or give as a gift to remind us all that we are very blessed!
Buy Chicken Soup for the Soul Think Positive
You can buy Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive: 101 Inspirational Stories about Counting Your Blessings and Having a Positive Attitude and other Chicken Soup for the Soul books on the Chicken Soup for the Soul website, at retailers nationwide, and on Amazon.
Win Chicken Soup for the Soul Think Positive (3 Giveaways) (Closed)
12/21/10 Updated. Congrats Tanya, Amy W, and Trena Cortex.
Chicken Soup for the Soul is generously offering a copy of this book to 3 winners!
To Enter: You must visit must visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell us another book you would like to read.
Increase your Chances of Winning with Extra Entries
Leave an additional comment for the value of each extra entry and a way to verify the entry.
- “Like” AkronOhioMoms on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- “Like” Chicken Soup for the Soul on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- Follow AkronOhioMoms on twitter
- For 2 extra entries every day, comment on my post (voting not required but APPRECIATED)
- For 1 entry each, up to 2 X a day, tweet my Pillsbury Finalist status for up to 2 extra entries every day! Copy and paste: #Enter to #Win $5,000 when you vote for Cindy Orley’s Cheesecake recipe in #Pillsbury #Contest http://bit.ly/dmnKWS #sweepstakes
- Tweet about this giveaway. Tweet daily for an extra entry every day! Copy and paste: Win Chicken Soup for the Soul Think Positive 3 Book Giveaways from www.akronohiomoms.com #contests #sweepstakes
- For 3 entries each, comment on any Total House Remodel post
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to us
- For 3 entries, Stumble Upon this post with button on top of screen
- Join us with Google Friend Connect (on the sidebar)
- Leave one new comment on any other post or giveaway
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on December 17, 2010 when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Chicken Soup for the Soul who supplied the products for review and giveaway.