Hands-On Review of Danny the Dragon Meets Jimmy DVD
The Danny the Dragon Meets Jimmy DVD is a great accompaniment to the book. The reader has a very expressive, theatrical voice that kids will enjoy. The DVD is a page by page reading of the actual book. What makes this DVD special is that with the reading, there is also a sign language interpreter. This is great for deaf children and hearing children alike. The reason I say this for hearing children because it gives parents a great way to discuss the differences and challenges that we all face in life. It can be a good learning moment. All profits from the DVD go to Blossom Montessori School for the Deaf as well as to Causes for Literacy and Education. DVD will be released on April 15, 2010.
Exclusive Interview with Tina Turbin
- Have you always wanted to be a writer? I have always loved many aspects of the “arts” and writing was something I immersed myself in at a young age, writing my first children’s story at 16 years old.
- Are they all available in print, CD, and DVD? My books are available in print as a hard or softcover in most bookstores, Amazon and the http:DannyTheDragon.com site, along with the audio book. The DVD is being released on April 15th.
- Is this your first DVD? This is my first DVD and it was an incredible experience as I decided up front to donate all the profits to Blossom Montessori School for the Deaf as well as to Causes for Literacy and Education.
- What inspires you and motivates you and your work the very most? I am inspired by the creative people around me, the environment and my own inate desires to create constantly.
- Where did you get the inspiration to create Danny the Dragon DVD? It was just a collaboration of ideas from all sorts of books I’d read to my kids, watching kids and their own imagination and playfulness and some ideas I had wanted to evolve into a book series.
- Is there anyone you’d like to specifically acknowledge who has inspired, motivated, encouraged or supported Danny the Dragon DVD? All the wonderful authors, and I do not just mean the children’s authors. The idea that one can have ideas and convey anything through the written words and get this across to another is a fascinating fact, which I just love.
- How long did it take you to produce Danny the Dragon DVD? When you started, did you think it would take that long? All together about 8months, I believe.
- What inspired you to include sign language for the deaf? I visited a school to do a reading of my Danny the Dragon book and the school works with kids from very young all through High School and they had a number for deaf children students. Carol Downing did the sign while I read to these lovely children. These kids amazed me, the staff inspired me and I walked away from that day with a new view on many aspects, and so did my photographer who came with me for the reading. I got in the car and my ideas starting rolling away on how I could help or do more. I first attended a fund raiser and donated to that and that was not enough. So now we have the DVD as well.
- What is your main goal or purpose you would like to see accomplished through Danny the Dragon? To create a smile, to spark imagination, to show life is fun and to keep on having fun. For me, to enjoy seeing I am accomplishing these good and positive effects for another child.
- Have you ever won any writing awards? If so, what? Yes, a number of them and this year alone I ma so happy to share that my book, Danny the Dragon Meets Jimmy is a nominee for the Best Children’s Book of 2009-winner to be announced at Book Expo America 2010, in New York.
- Do you have any tours or special events planned to promote your book that readers might be interested in attending? If so, when and where? I have a lot of tours and radio shows and these are up on the radio page at http://DannyTheDragon.com/exciting-interviews-and-videos/ . This year I am a lot on the West and East Coast as far as the plans go today. I never know when I may be asked to fly somewhere else, so I am always up for another adventure myself.
- Are any new books or other projects on the horizon? Yes, in the near future I can share this: I have the series to continue to the Danny the Dragon books and I have a children’s gluten-free cook-book and activity-book coming out. It is quite exciting working on these.
More on the Author, Tina Turbin
Tina Turbin has a passion for families and education. Danny the Dragon and Danny the Dragon DVD is her latest achievement as an award winning author. As a humanitarian, radio spokes-woman, and author she increases awareness of causes dear to her heart including helping those with allergies, celiac, autistic and how to live Gluten-Free
Buy Danny the Dragon “Meets Jimmy” DVD
You can purchase Danny the Dragon “Meets Jimmy” DVD at for $24.95. For no additional charge, your order includes FREE Danny stickers, bookmarks, door hangers, pencils, and stickers! Plus there is Free Shipping for all Domestic Orders.
Win Danny the Dragon “Meets Jimmy” DVD
Imagination Publishing Group has generously offered a Danny the Dragon “Meets Jimmy” DVD!
To Enter: You must visit Danny the Dragon website and leave one Comment Below something fun you found there.
Extra Entries (do as many as you wish and leave a corresponding comment below)
- For 2 entries, become an AkronOhioMoms member by joining us with Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar).
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway and link it back to this post and Danny the Dragon. Leave an address where it can be found.
- Become a fan of AkronOhioMoms.com on facebook and leave a message on the wall about this post.
- Become a fan of Danny the Dragon on facebook and leave a message on the wall about this post.
- Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave a comment on which one(s).
- Leave a new comment on any other non-giveaway post, one per post, leave comment on which one(s).
- Follow akronohiomoms on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You can Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day! You can copy and paste: Win a Danny the Dragon “Meets Jimmy” book DVD from AkronOhioMoms.com https://www.akronohiomoms.com/archives/2656
- Follow Danny the Dragon on twitter.
- For 3 entries, put our badge on your website and leave the link with your comment.
Get our Badge with this code: <a href=”https://www.akronohiomoms.com/” target=”_blank”><img border=”0″ width=”125″ alt=”Akron Ohio Moms” src=”https://www.akronohiomoms.com/aombadge125×125.jpg” height=”125″/></a>
For complete contest rules, please see our Contest Statement and Blog Disclosure. Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on March 29th when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Imagination Publishing Group who supplied the products for the review and giveaway.