Kids love all the ghosts, goblins, monsters and ghouls that surround Halloween celebrations. Do you think your kids would have fun designing their own monster t-shirts, trick-or-treat bags, aprons, or whatever their creative minds can conjure up? If you answered, “Yes,” then I’ve got just the product for you. The My Own Monster series of iron-on art transfers from SEI Crafts are a creative craft as fun for middle schoolers as they are preschoolers – I can’t think of many activities that can fit that bill!
To prove it, my girls and I hosted a Design Your Own Monster party. The 11 kids at our party were ages 2-11. We asked them to bring a blank t-shirt, canvas bag, or pillow case to decorate. When they got to our home, we let them dig through the 13 different monster iron-on transfer kits and pick which one they liked best. Then, we told them to get creative, and combine any of the over 50 pieces per kit to design their own custom monster! I can’t wait to share with you some of their creations![slickr-flickr tag=seimonsters]
Monster Iron-Ons from SEI Crafts – Art Made Easy!
Even after I gave the wrong instructions (oops!) to begin our monster extravaganza, we still had great results with these fun transfers! All you have to do to create one of these wacky monsters is:
- Cut – the body shape of the monster and adhere it to your piece of fabric, paper, or wood with the iron.
- Peel – the features and accessories off the backing.
- Place – the features and accessories on the monster body. This is where you can get creative!
- Press – the feature pieces for 15-20 seconds with the iron. Voila! Your crazy creation is ready to go!
The neatest part of all of this was watching the kids come alive as their creative juices got flowing and their creatures came to life! Who would have thought that elementary BOYS would be the ones that could barely wait until their monster t-shirts cooled before putting them on and showing them off?! Even the older girls, ages 9-11, took their time designing and were anxious to share their finished products with all of us.
My Favorite Features of the SEI Craft Monster Iron-Ons
- The creativity they allow and foster
- The quality of the transfers – they’re thick, not flimsy, and wash well
- The variety – 13 different monster designs means there’s something for everyone
- There are so many accessories in each “kit,” you can use the extras to make other crafts like sock puppets, book covers, head bands, bandanas, bibs, or what ever you can think of!
- The Price! At $4.99/transfer kit, you can make a monster t-shirt or trick-or-treat bag for under $10 per kid, including a new shirt or bag…fantastic!
Buy SEI Crafts My Own Monster Iron-Ons
SEI Crafts My Own Monster Iron-Ons can be purchased directly from their website. While you are there, check out all of the other fantastic craft ideas and products they have. I’ve got my eye on some of the Christmas-themed transfers and the tumble tie dye products!
Win SEI Crafts My Own Monster Iron-Ons (Cl0sed)
Updated: 10-21 Winners Announced: Crystal Faulk and Nicholas Burt
Thanks to SEI’s generosity, 2 Akron Ohio Moms.com readers will win a 6 pack of Monster Iron-on Transfers – A $30 value! Our giveaway 6 packs include transfers for both boys and girls (maybe even parents, too! 🙂 ).
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
30 Day Winning Rule applies. For complete contest rules, please see our Contest Statement and Blog Disclosure.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on October 20, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to SEI Crafts who provided the product for review and giveaway.