I have never owned a kitchen scale. I’ve always just guessed at measurements in the kitchen which can make or break a good recipe. I had the opportunity to review the Taylor USA Biggest Loser Glass Digital Kitchen Scale and don’t know what I did without it all these years!
Hands On Review of Taylor USA Biggest Loser Glass Digital Kitchen Scale
I was immediately impressed by the sleek design of the scale. It is very stylish and I keep it right on my kitchen counter. No need to hide it! It is actually stunning with a silvertone base and glass platform.
The digital kitchen scale is easy to use. There are no complicated programs or features to learn, simply turn the unit on and put your item to be weighed on top. This scale will measure up to 6.6lb (3kg) very precisely with 0.1 oz. and 1 g increments. Yes, it weighs in ounces or grams too. There are actually a variety of bowls and trays that can be purchased separately to use with this product but I haven’t needed either yet. It has a nice size glass platform.
The display is large and easy to read. The scale comes with long life lithium batteries and automatically shuts off if you forget to turn it off.
Taylor USA Biggest Loser Glass Digital Kitchen Scale is great for dieting
As seen on TV! If you have watched the popular show Biggest Loser, you know the importance of eating the right amounts of foods AND you’ve seen this scale in action. With many diets, measuring food is a must. Otherwise, you are guessing (like I use to) and may be throwing the diet off balance because of too much or too little of various products. This scale is so easy to use that going through this extra step is simple. Many diets are designed with specific amounts of food and work only when followed closely. Why mess up a diet because of not being able to measure food accurately? Have success like those on Biggest Loser!
Teaching kids in the kitchen
Now that we have the kitchen scale, we are measuring everything. Let me tell you, I found out that I wasn’t so hot at guessing the weights on many products in the kitchen. I hope this means that my cooking will taste better now that I am adding the proper amounts of food. 🙂
Seriously, this is a great tool in the kitchen not only for weighing products but also for teaching. My kids are always at my side when I’m cooking and baking. I love to have them help me because it is fun for all of us and because they are learning valuable lessons about health, nutrition, science, math, and even simple steps like how to follow directions. My kids are still young and learning their numbers, so the large digital display makes time in the kitchen and educational experience. Simple reinforcements for kids help build life long skills. Our favorite game is to guess what food or toy weighs more. They are getting pretty good at that game!
Why choose Taylor USA Scales?
For over 150 years, Taylor has been delivering “strong brands, high quality, high accuracy and dedication to innovating both the professional and consumer markets.” Their motto has always been “accuracy first”. You can trust Taylor USA in measurement products for home and industry from thermometers, to weight management, to kitchen, to altimeters used in fighter planes.
Taylor USA Products:
- Weight Management Products: Analog scales, Electronic Scales, Glass Electronic Scales, and BMI Scales.
- Kitchen: Taylor is known for their Food Scales, Thermometers, Timers, and Kitchen Appliances.
- Environment: Taylor is your source for Weather Stations, Hygrometers, Rain Gauges, Thermometers, and Clocks.
- Restaurant and Hospitality industry: Thermometers and Scales.
- Industrial: They also have a line of products for the power generation industry, chemical process industry, food process industry, pharmaceutical industry, and air and water system industry.
Buy the Taylor USA Biggest Loser Glass Digital Kitchen Scale
You can purchase the Taylor Biggest Loser 6-1/2 Pound Kitchen Scale with Glass Platform for about $20 and other Taylor USA products can be found nationwide at: Ace Hardware, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Kmart, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Meijer, Menards, Publix, Sears, Shopko, Sur La Table, Target, True Value, Wal-Mart, Wegman’s, and more. You can also find their products on Amazon.com. Click below to purchase the Taylor USA Biggest Loser Glass Digital Kitchen Scale.
Win the Taylor USA Biggest Loser Glass Digital Kitchen Scale (Closed)
Updated: 7/16/10 Winner Announced: Janice Crespo is the winner. Thank you to all who entered, please consider Taylor USA when making your next scale purchase.
Taylor USA has generously offered one lucky winner their own Taylor USA Biggest Loser Glass Digital Kitchen Scale.
ENTRY #1: You must visit the Taylor USA and leave one Comment Below on another product you would like to try or something interesting you learned about Taylor.
Extra Entries (do as many as you wish and leave a corresponding comment below) Please be sure to do Entry #1 above or all extra entries do not qualify.
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to this article and to Taylor USA .
- “Like” AkronOhioMoms.com on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- For 3 entries, comment on any Total House Remodel post (s)
- Yahoo Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Google Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Stumble Upon this post with button on top of screen
- Follow AkronOhioMoms on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You can Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day! You can copy and paste: Win Taylor Biggest Loser Glass Digital Kitchen Scale! https://www.akronohiomoms.com/giveaways/taylor-kitchen-scale #contests #sweepstakes
- Vote for AkronOhioMoms.com on Top Baby Blogs by clicking here ( just click here, then click on the phrase “Cast A Vote”, nothing else required) (We are #86 out of 1216)
- Rate my site on Top 100 Mommy Blogs. (We are #33 out of 100)
- Become an AkronOhioMoms member by joining us with Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar).
- Enter any other active contest and leave a comment on which one(s)
- Leave a new comment on any other non-giveaway post, one per post, leave comment on which one(s).
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on July 9, 2010 when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Taylor USA who provided products for review & giveaway.