Any day is a good day to enjoy a meal at TGI Friday’s. This casual, fun restaurant features great American foods year round in a friendly atmosphere that makes any day feel like a Friday. 🙂 How can you beat ‘that? I’ll tell you how, with their new Better with Brew Summer Menu!
TGI Friday’s Better with Brew Menu
TGI Friday’s is now offering great regional craft beers in their restaurants for the first time ever. Their new Better with Brew Menu not only has new beers like Fat Tire and Magic Hat but also beer inspired menu items just perfect for the hot summer.
New TGI Friday’s Entrees
- Black Angus Brew House Steak: Premium Black Angus 8 oz. Flat Iron Steak slowly marinated in a homemade brine of beer and citrus then fire-grilled to order. Served with a craft beer sauce, potato salad and buttered summer green beans.
- Ale House Baby Back Ribs: Tender, mouth-watering baby back pork ribs slow-cooked in-house and fire-grilled with craft beer for one-of-a-kind flavor. Glazed with Jack Daniels™ Championship BBQ sauce and served with a side of potato salad and buttered summer green beans.
- Dijon-Crusted Beer Chicken: Pan-seared chicken fillets marinated in craft beer, flavored with Dijon, then lightly breaded with seasoned bread crumbs. Served hot with a tossed mixed greens salad and grape tomatoes drizzled with our Caesar Vinaigrette.
- Parmesan-Crusted Crab Flounder: Tender flounder fillets splashed with craft beer, pan-seared to perfection, and crowned with deviled crabmeat and crispy Parmesan breadcrumbs. Served with fresh lemon, jasmine rice pilaf and buttered summer green beans.
New TGI Friday’s Appetizer
- Ale House Shrimp and Chips: Crispy mix of beer-battered and breaded crowns of fresh broccoli, sliced red peppers and Cajun-spiced shrimp served on home-style potato chips with Cucumber-Wasabi Ranch dip and a Stout beer remoulade sauce.
New TGI Friday’s Sweet Treats
- Ice Cream Strawberry Shortcake: Warm shortcake topped with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Sweet.
- Guinness Stout (Adults Only!): An Irish Dream! A Guinness Stout beer blended with rich chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream. Topped with whipped cream.
- Mandarin Dreamsicle (Adults Only!): Cointreau orange liqueur added to an orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream shake. Topped with mandarin oranges and whipped cream.
New TGI Friday’s Craft Beers
- Harpoon IPA
- Magic Hat #9
- New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale
- Goose Island Honkers Ale
- Abita Amber
- Boulevard Wheat
TGI Friday’s Better with Brew Menu Review
For my husband’s birthday, we went to TGI Friday’s to check out their new Better with Brew menu. With so many fantastic new menu items, it was really hard to decide what to order. My husband ordered the Black Angus Brew House Steak and I ordered the Ale House Baby Back Ribs. It was a really hot day so the Mandarin Dreamsicle was the perfect new sweet treat to try as well!
To describe the new Black Angus Brew House Steak without drooling is pretty hard; it was that delicious. My husband and I always sample what is on each others plate, so I was able to steal a few bites of the Black Angus Brew House Steak. It was so juicy and so tender that we could have sworn that our waiter brought out Filet Mignon. No joke. The waiter said it is a customer favorite. It must be because is it slowly marinated in a homemade brine of beer and citrus.
It taste so good that I dare say it is right up there with Flemming’s filets. Seriously. If it wasn’t my husband’s birthday, I would have totally stolen his dish. So, the Black Angus Brew House Steak gets a big 2 thumbs up, especially at around just $13.
I order ribs alot, mostly because I cannot make them at home and because I like that taste. Who cares if they are messy when you are with family and at TGI Fridays? 🙂 I was happy to try the Ale House Baby Back Ribs and was so satisfied with the flavor and tenderness of the meat.They are glazed with Jack Daniels Championship BBQ sauce which was a bit tangy and delicious.
Instead of the new summer potato salad, I opted to try the Sweet Potato Fries. I’m not a big fan of potato salad but my husband said the new summer potato salad was good. However, I was sooo glad I tried the sweet potato fries because I now have a new favorite side dish. They were so sweet, hot, and just thinking about them is making my mouth water!
Elijah really liked my baby back ribs too and stole about 1/3rd of them. It was too much for me to eat anyway. As a side note, the kids meals at TGI Friday’s are generous and a good selection. I could easily eat a kids meal and be full.
And to help us cool off, my husband and I shared a Mandarin Dreamsicle. It was like a fantastic orange sherbet ice cream shake. It is the perfect end to a great summer meal or just a fun way to cool off while visiting with friends at TGI Friday’s this Summer.
My family can’t wait to go back to the Stow, Ohio location where we had the best customer service and experience. Although I love trying new things, on my next trip back, I will have to get the Black Angus Brew House Steak but I’ll also add the new Ale House Shrimp and Chips to my menu and the Ice Cream Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.
Win TGI Friday’s $25 Gift Card (Closed)
Updated: 7/10/11 Winner Announced: Holly Blaser
TGI Friday”s is giving you the chance to win a $25 Gift Card to try out their new menu.
Important Links to enter this contest:
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on July 6, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to TGI Friday’s who provided gift cards for review and giveaway.